NZXT Kracken X-60

Dantrax

Gawd
Has anybody else tried this AIO cooler. I just figured out where to mount the X60 in my case & I'm using it with 4 Cougar 140mm fans instead of the noisier OEM fans. It is terrific at cooling my i7-3930k. It is actually the exact same as the Corsair H110 except the X60 has longer hoses. H110 has 12" hoses versus the X60 16" hoses. Which meant I couldn't mount the H110 in my case. I also switched the motors from the H110 into the X60. With the X60 you need to install the software & connect the USB plug to read the pump RPMs. So when you put the 3 wire fan molex plug onto the CPU mobo header it shows no cpu fan RPMs & you need to disable that feature in your bios. With the H110 you just plug in the same header & you get a pump RPM reading so you don't have to disable that feature. The H110 motor shows 1500 RPMs while the X60 motor shows 3000 RPMs in software. I tested both using Prime95 with the same cooling fan RPMs & saw no difference in Temperature. So either pump RPMs make no difference in Temperature or they're both spinning at the same speed with the X60 software doubling the read-out. In any case these coolers are great imho, if you can fit them in your box.

I went from the H110 to the Swiftech H220, I made the right choice. So since they are the same unit pretty much, yes I have used the X60. :D

I have also used both units and then switched to the Swiftech H220 and agree with above. H220 is one heck of a unit for the money.
Shouldn't the pumps in the AIO coolers run closer to 3000rpm's at full speed, seems maybe it is running at 1/2 speed...

I have also used both units and then switched to the Swiftech H220 and agree with above. H220 is one heck of a unit for the money.
Shouldn't the pumps in the AIO coolers run closer to 3000rpm's at full speed, seems maybe it is running at 1/2 speed...

I never really gave any thought to my pump speed. Its plugged right into the mobo CPU fan header. I run the pump at full speed, since its almost silent. All my fans run off my case controller.

I tried the h110 for a couple of days, and I do not like it too much.... It perform exact the same as my h100i only being less noisy on full RPM speed... But i never need to keep both of the coolers on max RPM speeds... Also i like more the chance of use the corsair link software and have full control of the fans... But both perform the same cooling performance, so are great products, all depends on likes..

I tried the h110 for a couple of days, and I do not like it too much.... It perform exact the same as my h100i only being less noisy on full RPM speed... But i never need to keep both of the coolers on max RPM speeds... Also i like more the chance of use the corsair link software and have full control of the fans... But both perform the same cooling performance, so are great products, all depends on likes..

My first H110 pump died after 11 days.

Back