NZXT H1 case recalled due to fire hazard

Pretty sure NZXT paid for the cheapest return service from UPS. I shipped it back on 5/14. They received it yesterday 5/23. Now in waiting cycle for RMA engineer to validate the AIO. Nothing has been shipped back to me.
I guess it hasn't been too long, but just annoyed at the whole process. Seems like it could have been faster. Running the system with a low profile Noctua cooler I had on time.
I've never dealt with them, but with a single exception every RMA I've done has been via basic ground shipping with average inspection times of about a week in cases where I didn't pay extra for cross shipping.

The single exception was with NEC. 12 years ago I bought a refurbished 30" 2560x1600 monitor from their pro grade lineup (~$2500 new, $1100 factory refurb). It had a fault stand that required me to prop the display up (I used a DVD case) to keep it from tilting down a few degrees. They sent a replacement monitor (I asked and their inventory system wouldn't let them just send a stand) from CA to PA via 2nd day air; and then used basic fedex ground to take the original one back. That turned into a pain point because the Fedex service they used didn't do residential pickup and the massively oversized box didn't fit into my car. I ended up having to borrow a larger vehicle (can't remember if it was a truck or minivan, the person I'd've borrowed from had both at the time) to transport it to the nearest depot.

You can rent small trailers, and pretty much any car can tow 1500lb.

Finally received RMA approval for the AIO replacement. The email hedges with all sorts of language about shipping delays, so I expect it to ship late next week.

maybe someday, I can cool my cpu again...

Finally received RMA approval for the AIO replacement. The email hedges with all sorts of language about shipping delays, so I expect it to ship late next week.

I've got a spare 212 tower cooler in my parts closet that I can quickly slap on if my WC setup is ever having issues.

The best thing about having Microcenter in town is that you can grab replacement or ancillary parts in a hurry. Their prices are roughly the same as most online retailers, too.

I've got a spare 212 tower cooler in my parts closet that I can quickly slap on if my WC setup is ever having issues.
I dont think the 212 would fit in a NZXT H1. its pretty tight, but maybe if the outer enclosure was left off. I tried a Noctua NH-L12S and it wouldnt even fit in that chassis.
currently, have a noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 on it now, which fits with the case fully assembled but its not the same as the NZXT AIO loop working at full efficiency.

I do love the Microcenter. Mine is still a bit of a trek, but I had these other coolers readily available, so I am making do, until i get the warranty replacement.

The headache has seriously made me reconsider future NZXT purchases though. I do like the H1 aesthetic but the functionality/longevity/safety seems to have been an afterthought.

I dont think the 212 would fit in a NZXT H1. its pretty tight, but maybe if the outer enclosure was left off. I tried a Noctua NH-L12S and it wouldnt even fit in that chassis.
currently, have a noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 on it now, which fits with the case fully assembled but its not the same as the NZXT AIO loop working at full efficiency.

I do love the Microcenter. Mine is still a bit of a trek, but I had these other coolers readily available, so I am making do, until i get the warranty replacement.

The headache has seriously made me reconsider future NZXT purchases though. I do like the H1 aesthetic but the functionality/longevity/safety seems to have been an afterthought.

If you need a more compact cooler to fit in your case, use something more compact. I don't do SFF so a full size tower is a good option for me; my point is that having an idiot proof spare cooler (if I broke the factory clips I could ziptie a fan to the 212 to make it work) is a useful asset to have in your spare parts collection. The 212 wouldn't let my run my setup at it's current overclock either, but switching from the OC profile to stock in BIOS would only take a minute and let me keep using my system while waiting for replacement parts.

If you need a more compact cooler to fit in your case, use something more compact. I don't do SFF so a full size tower is a good option for me; my point is that having an idiot proof spare cooler (if I broke the factory clips I could ziptie a fan to the 212 to make it work) is a useful asset to have in your spare parts collection. The 212 wouldn't let my run my setup at it's current overclock either, but switching from the OC profile to stock in BIOS would only take a minute and let me keep using my system while waiting for replacement parts.
now, i am intrigued to see if 212 could fit jutting out the side of the nzxt h1. off to the googles! im sure someone has tried and probably posted pics.

haven't heard a peep since May 31 from NZXT. Ping them today to see what the status is. "Oh yeah - forgot to tell you, its out of stock. waiting for more shipments. we dont have eta." Very frustrating.

In all likelihood the intern who did the primary work despite not having taken PCB Design 101 is long gone, and the drunk senior who was supposed to be supervising was fired after someone realized he was filling his water bottle with vodka every morning. 🙄
You're probably right 🤣

So it is now july and i still dont have a working AIO loop. But a good portion of this delay is my fault. I received the delayed radiator/pump block on June 29th. (started the convo with NZXT on May 10 - shipped RMAed loop back on 5/14).
The radiator came without a fan. I went digging and I was confident that I removed the fan prior to shipping, but could not find it (it had been almost two months, and it probably was misplaced).
I asked NZXT to check the RMA engineer notes to see if I shipped the fan back by mistake. NZXT mentioned no notes indicating that but they promptly shipped me a new 140mm fan at their expense.
Got the fan, and reattached everything. Then realized the pump block has an interchangeable mount for intel vs amd support. The new pump came with intel mounting. I had been using AMD and I was 100% sure that I DID send that back with the pump block AIO loop. I haven't touched the mount since the original install, and frankly forgot that it was even interchangeable.
Contacted NZXT (again) and explained. I offered to pay since i KNEW this was my fault. They have shipped the AM4 mounting mechanism already (at their expense again) and I should have it on Friday.

Say what you will about the Fire issue/Coolant issue/whatever; but their customer service has been top notch for me. I have been a larger than usual dumbass in this whole process.

So it is now july and i still dont have a working AIO loop. But a good portion of this delay is my fault. I received the delayed radiator/pump block on June 29th. (started the convo with NZXT on May 10 - shipped RMAed loop back on 5/14).
The radiator came without a fan. I went digging and I was confident that I removed the fan prior to shipping, but could not find it (it had been almost two months, and it probably was misplaced).
I asked NZXT to check the RMA engineer notes to see if I shipped the fan back by mistake. NZXT mentioned no notes indicating that but they promptly shipped me a new 140mm fan at their expense.
Got the fan, and reattached everything. Then realized the pump block has an interchangeable mount for intel vs amd support. The new pump came with intel mounting. I had been using AMD and I was 100% sure that I DID send that back with the pump block AIO loop. I haven't touched the mount since the original install, and frankly forgot that it was even interchangeable.
Contacted NZXT (again) and explained. I offered to pay since i KNEW this was my fault. They have shipped the AM4 mounting mechanism already (at their expense again) and I should have it on Friday.

Say what you will about the Fire issue/Coolant issue/whatever; but their customer service has been top notch for me. I have been a larger than usual dumbass in this whole process.
A lot of times for a business to save the time to actually deal with handling payment and paperwork they can just send it along on the streamlined just eating into overhead shipping process that they already have paid for. Probably saves them money in the end actually.

A lot of times for a business to save the time to actually deal with handling payment and paperwork they can just send it along on the streamlined just eating into overhead shipping process that they already have paid for. Probably saves them money in the end actually.
That may be the case, but also, the customer support responses have been prompt and courteous in dealing with my stupidity. Either NZXT has really good people, good training for their support people, or a combo of both.

ANND, it turns out they shipped me the wrong AM4 mount. I received the Asetek AM4 pump/block mount, which the H1 doesn't use. Contacted them after fumbling thinking maybe they changed the mounts for this thing, but had no success. H1 accessory kit is out of stock, so they are sending me the Kraken M22 accessory kit, which LOOKS like it should work. Will report back.

Back