• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NVSilencer5 Rev3 Released

Sir-Fragalot said:
On the bottom one? Probably, although I'd have to lose my Audigy 2 ZS. Which I think has a bad rear channel port on it.

that would ultimately keep your top card cooler as well ..and I'm bett'n that you prolly wouldn't miss your Audigy much should it go bye-bye and you went with onboard
 
I use the Zalman VF700-AlCu and I get idle temps of 43C and never above 59C load on my 7800GTX. I dont know how the silencer is suppose to perform but I would definitely reccommend this cooler to anyone.
 
ThreeDee said:
that would ultimately keep your top card cooler as well ..and I'm bett'n that you prolly wouldn't miss your Audigy much should it go bye-bye and you went with onboard

Actually, the problem is with my speakers, not my Audigy. I just got done jacking with it just a minute ago. I would miss it, more than likely. But there isn't enough room between the top and the bottom 7800GTX, to accomidate two NV Silencers. Not if they are the same size and shape of the NV5 Rev. 1 and 2.
 
The rev 1 and 2's were fine. They'll work on your 6800GT's no problem. My issue is that I run SLi and there isn't enough room inbetween my cards to allow me to install silencers.
 
bradyapba said:
been running one on my 6800Gt for 6 months, it has worked great.
..ah ..but me thinks tis not a "rev 3" you have on that bad boy ....
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
The rev 1 and 2's were fine. They'll work on your 6800GT's no problem. My issue is that I run SLi and there isn't enough room inbetween my cards to allow me to install silencers.

i know what you mean. but my 7800 runs so hot.. and it makes all of the stuff around it hotter too. i wish they came out with a smaller one that performs the same
 
i want one of these for my 7800GTX BUT I remember buying an ATI silencer for my 9800 pro back then, it gave great cooling performance and silence but after about 6 months it started clicking on it everytime it booted up. It was annoying as hell. I contacted Arctic Cooling and they gave me the run around, horrible customer service, they offer NO warranty through them , its always through the dealer.

If it doesnt break on you, its a good product i guess.
 
Back
Top