• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

NVME Cooling question

narsbars

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
3,328
Suggestions for an overkill NVME cooler? Gen 4 NVME, 2 TB, the whole unit is being used for learning (playing with) some AI so I don't expect the NVME to be overworked. I just want something that will take care of it with plenty of overhead. Considerations, being in the M.1 slot I may have to consider room but I will be adding one to the M.2 slot also. Hoping for something that does not make a huge amount of noise if you feel a fan is a necessity.
 
is there airflow over the m2 slots? if so, just get one with a heatsink, like a samsung.
 
I saw an nvme water block at microcenter yesterday, I think it was by Corsair.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
  • Like
Reactions: uOpt
like this
The flash memory itself is very tolerant of higher temperatures. It's mainly the SSD controller on the drive that benefits from cooling, as it will throttle at higher temperatures and that will reduce SSD performance. If you already have the SSD, it might be worth monitoring temps to see what your temperatures actually are during heavy usage.

Also, all of the slots are called M.2 slots. It doesn't matter if it's the first, second, third slot, etc. Usually they are designated as M.2_1, M.2_2, M.2_3, etc. Computers don't have "M.1" slots.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
  • Like
Reactions: uOpt
like this
Back
Top