nvlddmkm.sys bsod solution?

cjm18

Gawd
I am guessing this is an nvidia/vista driver issue

I am getting the blue screen of death when i load any game. Prior I was getting it from just loading windows.

I was not getting this problem until I Installed a new video card and updated to the latest drivers.

Any solutions? Thanks.

I've never had it happen during a game. But it happens all the time when I'm trying to watch something in Windows Media Player. And, it happened once when I was working in Photoshop CS4.

This usually ends up either being a dying card, dying motherboard, or bad drivers. Try different drivers, and if that doesn't fix it try your card in a different machine. I believe the P6N is 680i based? I've been through more of those boards, personally, than you'd believe.Chances are that if the card works fine in another machine your board is on its way out.

been having this problem a lot in vista, but no one seem to bother it...

in XP it work perfectly fine, it just vista's driver I believe...

i have also read that ppl switching back to xp had the issue fixed.

worked fine on day of new video card.

I am going to upgrade to vista 64 bit on a new drive. and if that doenst help then.....

just installed sp1 on vista. vista now upgrades the drivers automatically to a much newer driver. havent tried gaming yet.

i have also read that ppl switching back to xp had the issue fixed.

worked fine on day of new video card.

I am going to upgrade to vista 64 bit on a new drive. and if that doenst help then.....

just installed sp1 on vista. vista now upgrades the drivers automatically to a much newer driver. havent tried gaming yet.

I'm running Vista64, and I have the issue.
Also, Windows Update has always listed newer drivers if they were available (and WHQL certified). It's not a feature of Vista.

I had that issue when I installed both GTX260s in SLI (on multiple fresh installations). I narrowed it down to being a bad card. Though I'd hope that's not the case here.

I installed sp1 and let windows update install new drivers. so far the bsods are gone

i had this problem as well on vista 64, but for me, it turned out to only happen when my card's overclock was unstable. in a way it's kind of good because if i ever get the error, I know exactly why it's happening and it helps in testing oc's.

Hmm... You're lucky it worked. I have had very bad luck letting windows update hardware drivers. 4/5 times it causes instability or intermittent hardware glitches. Going to manufacturer's website and getting newest drivers usually solves the issue (windows update rarely has current version of hardware drivers).

Back