• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

nView setups

Kainzo

Gawd
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
972
Looking at dropping $700-1500 on a new setup for nView.

I currently have a single GTX 680 and was wondering if you guys (those who have had it setup) think I should get a second or upgrade to Titan, etc.

I'm looking for the type of setup that either supports

Three 24 inches (Wide screen)
or
Single 27 inch (or) 30 inch with side 17-19inch monitors for a condensed nView

Thoughts?
http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guides/how-to-correctly-configure-geforce-gtx-680-surround#1
 
Last edited:
At the moment, consumer grade cards can only do nVidia surround, which requires 3 of the same type of monitor in a row. The more flexible options are only available on ATI.

By the way, despite costing 1K, the Titan is still considered a consumer grade card.

nView is no longer supported on consumer grade cards, you need to get their pro level cards (Quatro, etc.) if you want nView or mosaic etc. which lets you use other configurations besides 3 identical monitors. Nvidia might be adding support for other configurations on consumer cards, especially with 4K monitors requiring dual streams, but I wouldn't make plans until the drivers are actually available.
 
Oh man... that's good information to have... well i definitely don't want ATI ... so I guess my only option is to get three 23 inch monitors.
 
Found this guide... looks like ATI definitely takes the cake for configurable displays...
 
Well, reading the guide it says that to have 3D nSurround you have to have ALL the same - but 2D nSurround you can use any monitors ... I dont much care about 3D stuff... tbh.
 
Back
Top