nView: one-button switch between displays?

evildre

[H]F Junkie
The computer in question is a Sony Vaio laptop in a docking station. I don't know the model number off-hand, but I know it has a GeForce Go 6200. The docking station has a DVI and a VGA connector. There is a 19" LCD connected to the DVI connector and an InFocus projector connected to the analog VGA connector. The user of this machine does not use the laptop's display when it is docked, i.e. nView is in clone mode.

I know how to switch between the two external displays using nView's control panel. There is a drop-down list that gives me four options: LCD/Internal, Internal/LCD, Projector/Internal, and Projector/LCD. The default mode is LCD/Internal when he is docked. I want to be able to have a shortcut on the desktop that allows the user to switch between LCD/Internal and Projector/Internal and back so he doesn't have to go through the nView control panel. Is there any way to do this?

<edit> Driver version 70.83

Can't remeber exactly, but you can use hotkeys with nview for basically any function. Just find the hotkeys tab, select from the menu and create the hotkey. However, be aware that your hotkeys for nview may conflict if they are the same as a windows hotkey or another programs hotkeys. Obviously ctrl+z is a bad choice. :p

mayakindaguy said:
Can't remeber exactly, but you can use hotkeys with nview for basically any function. Just find the hotkeys tab, select from the menu and create the hotkey. However, be aware that your hotkeys for nview may conflict if they are the same as a windows hotkey or another programs hotkeys. Obviously ctrl+z is a bad choice. :p

I'm assuming this is with a newer version of nView than the one loaded on this Sony Vaio laptop ... does Sony do any fancy customizations to the drivers/BIOS that would prevent me from loading the most recent drivers from nVidia's site?

Back