Nvidia's own nTune/ Performance profile policies don't work.

Deusfaux

Gawd
Am I alone on this?

Seemingly regardless of driver version (I've updated as they come out), my profile policies never actually work.

Also there's no way I can see to edit or even delete rules you've created.

At this point I just want the pc to boot up with a given overclock already set, or at the very least, go into overclocked mode when I start a game.

But since I can't edit rules, I wouldn't be able to edit the games list when I install/delete games.

So it just has to be a 24/7 rule (upon windows boot) I guess

Help?

use rivatuner or evga precision. problem solved. or if you're completely against having ANY software handle your card's overclock, just flash the bios. problem permanently solved.

well i've used EVGA's thing before

I just want to confirm that nvidia's own shit is broke, or that maybe I'm doing something wrong

Most will advise against NTune.
EVGA's Precision is coded by the same guy who makes RivaTuner, Unwinder.
Precision also works in Win7.

I'm using rivatuner 2.24 in Win7-64. Works great. A BIOS flash is the real way to permanently set an overclock/underclock though.

nTune is for when you feel like hitting yourself in the head repeatedly. Garbage.

to auto OC, I use RivaTuner, tho it and precision have some limitations for me.
bios flash is the only way I can get a fan profile loaded.

riva tuner and precision both, cant seem to auto load fan profiles on my machine.
and they auto load settings for the primary GPU so my other GPU (no they are not SLI) is OCed by a bios flash

nTune is strictly Garbage, and I recommend staying far far away.

Ntune is absolute junk,the only thing it's good at is giving you BSOD's.And getting it off your system can be a real nightmare.Rivatuner is the way to go.

i highly recommend flashing the bios if you want a permanently set, hassle-free fan profile. Using nibitor is easy enough, you just have to mess around a bit with the thresholds until you get the appropriate settings. I do it on all my cards and set them to automatically ramp up gradually (acoustic dampening or whatever it's called) as temp goes up. I never have to monitor anything or worry about temps, and use precision strictly for adjusting clock speeds (though when I flashed my 285's bios, I did a volt mod as well and just flashed to FTW speeds, which I don't bother messing with anymore).

Back