Nvidia Unlikely To Unveil 2018 Graphics Cards At GDC, GTC

I don't think NVIDIA has ever made a GeForce reveal at GTC. Correct me if I'm wrong. And given the information we have up to now, I think it's too soon for them to be revealed at GDC. NVIDIA typically announces new cards when they are already on the shelves, so to speak.

August-September sounds a lot more likely than March-April.

August-September sounds a lot more likely than March-April.
If the press release about GDDR6 is true then product should already be shipping to retailers. I still stand by my Q2 prediction (April - June). Pascal was revealed at Dreamhack May 6 and went on sale May 27, just for reference.

If the press release about GDDR6 is true then product should already be shipping to retailers. I still stand by my Q2 prediction (April - June). Pascal was revealed at Dreamhack May 6 and went on sale May 27, just for reference.

I think they have been pushed back, Just talked to my AIB contact, they were expecting information so they can start with their custom card builds this past month. Looks like that didn't happen.

I think they have been pushed back, Just talked to my AIB contact, they were expecting information so they can start with their custom card builds this past month. Looks like that didn't happen.

Just curious, how soon did Nvidia notified their AIB partners of Pascal before Nvidia made their announcement?

for the May Launch, it was end of January/ early Feb. Three and half months prior.

While they procure the parts they need from their supply partners and make sure the supply chain is going to go smooth, which takes about that time frame, and also doing the boxes, artwork and packaging, takes around that time too. So they need everything about the cards at least 3 and half months prior.

Yeah kinda stupid that box art takes that much time, but it does, its not just one guy doing the artwork, its an entire time, they have art directors at least of two of them, project managers, the guys that do the box layouts.....

for the May Launch, it was end of January/ early Feb. Three and half months prior.

While they procure the parts they need from their supply partners and make sure the supply chain is going to go smooth, which takes about that time frame, and also doing the boxes, artwork and packaging, takes around that time too. So they need everything about the cards at least 3 and half months prior.

Yeah kinda stupid that box art takes that much time, but it does, its not just one guy doing the artwork, its an entire time, they have art directors at least of two of them, project managers, the guys that do the box layouts.....

I know I base my gpu purchases on whomever has the coolest box art!

Just put it in a brown box and called it EVGA present Nvidia bitchin fast card.

Unfortunately there's way too many rumors and next to no credible evidence about the upcoming Nvidia products which almost always means there are no cards dropping anytime soon. You can pretty much just roll the dice with any article you read from tech sites at the moment. One says imminent launch, the next says delayed with name rumours, wash, rinse repeat, and you're in a click bait circlejerk. When journalism becomes writing an opinion piece about a rumor piece based off a rumor piece we're left with a lot of misinformation in this sector. The imminent wave of traffic that hardware sites get during the lead up to launches is a tantalizing market to keep trying to placate, even through there just isn't anything new to offer, hence why we see so many sites playing gossip whore right now.

Regardless of when and what actually launches, Other than buying it direct from Nvidia's website at MSRP, I don't see how many gamers will be spending over 1000$ for a new gpu. We're in a fairly niche market as far as hardware enthusiasts go, and less than 1% of discrete card buyers spend over $400 on a card. The market was already small for Nvidia's Halo products, but with prices seeing this much inflation, very few are making it into gaming boxes. I'm really looking forward to the new hardware architecture, especially to see what new VR developments they've made on the hardware end, and if we're going to start seeing headroom with 4k on next gen titles.

I should have just pulled the trigger on the Nvidia Star Wars Card I wanted...."I am not buying overpriced bullshit cause its got Star Wars theme." Pats trusty EVGA 980Ti SC+....hang in there girl....hang in there...

If someone could take this and put it to the song "Remember when", that'd be great. :p

Attachments

• remember.JPG
    remember.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 45
I should have just pulled the trigger on the Nvidia Star Wars Card I wanted...."I am not buying overpriced bullshit cause its got Star Wars theme." Pats trusty EVGA 980Ti SC+....hang in there girl....hang in there...

That SW card was extremely corny, lol. Good on you for resisting that. I recently have put a GTX 980 in my PC to test a potential PSU issue and @ 1440p with a good OC it still gets the job done. I've certainly had to turn down settings in a bunch of the games to maintain a high fps but it's still an excellent card.

Good thing I got 5 year warranty on my Geforce 1080 ti.

Yup. This was the reason, when choosing between selling my MSI and Gigabyte 1080 ti, I sold the MSI. My Auros has a 4-year warranty so I figure if it turns out buying a new card is not viable/desirable for a while due to pricing, I'm covered.

That SW card was extremely corny, lol. Good on you for resisting that. I recently have put a GTX 980 in my PC to test a potential PSU issue and @ 1440p with a good OC it still gets the job done. I've certainly had to turn down settings in a bunch of the games to maintain a high fps but it's still an excellent card.

It's funny, but that Star Wars Xp is the only sensible card to buy right now. So much so, I sold my Titan XP at the weekend and got myself one! :D

Seems I possibly nabbed one of the last ones too as the Titan Xp Star Wars edition is out of stock is out in both UK and US right now, and has been all week so far, FWIW...

US Store:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/star-wars-titan-xp-collectors-edition/

UK Store:
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/geforce/pr...llectors-edition/?nvid=nv-int-geo-uk-starwars

It's funny, but that Star Wars Xp is the only sensible card to buy right now. So much so, I sold my Titan XP at the weekend and got myself one! :D

Seems I possibly nabbed one of the last ones too as the Titan Xp Star Wars edition is out of stock is out in both UK and US right now, and has been all week so far, FWIW...

US Store:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/star-wars-titan-xp-collectors-edition/

UK Store:
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/geforce/pr...llectors-edition/?nvid=nv-int-geo-uk-starwars

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria. I never thought I'd see Titan Xp and "sensible" in the same sentence.

US Store:

UK Store:
It was a limited run, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get restocked. It is no longer shown on the main store page.

Back