Nvidia Turing cards announced: Quadro RTX 8000 in Q4 2018 for 10K

• Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
Then Nvidia is underpricing it since it sounds like all you guys would eagerly pay $30,000/card and buy as many as they'll sell you?

No, it just means that $10K per GPU is a minor factor in the total cost of doing business in 2018.
And you should be happy that Enterprise pays that for GPU's.
Imagine if gamers had to pay for all that R&D by themselfes.

The whine (over none-gaming SKU's) is too loud already...it would reach epic proportions then.

Then Nvidia is underpricing it since it sounds like all you guys would eagerly pay $30,000/card and buy as many as they'll sell you?

I wouldn't go quite that far, I was a bit blunt in my post, was in a rush to get to a meeting. These aren't our standard workstations we provide half our users or anything like that, they're specialized machines dedicated to our Additive Mfg guys running their slicing/simulations. The one I listed was the most expensive, and the other 4-5 they run are WAY up there in price too.

My point still stands though, a few grand more for the top of the line card is easily dwarfed by the cost of engineering downtime and not running our expensive software as efficiently as possible. We need the best we can get, and don't mind paying a bit more for it.

Gotta look at these cards as tools for a job that make us (the business I work for) money, totally different ball game then my GTX I play games on at home for enjoyment.

If I got a ROI that exceeded what I got with a $10,000 card, of course I would.

The higher the price the smaller the market and the harder it is for Nvidia to get a return on their own investment.

It's all literal economics 101

Back