Nvidia telling retailers to stop selling to miners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What year do you think we're in exactly?

Every year MB comes out with a new body style for one of their cars (classes). So every year there are suckers out there that do it, just have to wait one more year and the same body style car they can get for MSRP or lower ;). This doesn't happen with any other German car that I know of, its weird, but it happens. This also happens with Ferrari's, Lambo's and many other super cars or one off "special" releases.

When I see a C class or a CLA going for 10k above retail, its like WTF!

Every year MB comes out with a new body style for one of their cars (classes). So every year there are suckers out there that do it, just have to wait one more year and the same body style car they can get for MSRP or lower ;). This doesn't happen with any other German car that I know of, its weird, but it happens. This also happens with Ferrari's, Lambo's and many other super cars or one off "special" releases.

When I see a C class or a CLA going for 10k above retail, its like WTF!

Like I said... What year do you think we are in? The video cards in question hardly "just came out"

Like I said... What year do you think we are in? The video cards in question hardly "just came out"

Its not about that, its a being a sucker and actually buying something that is that much above the MSRP ;). Its not worth getting any MB with a new body style at release, nor is it worth getting these cards at the current prices.

I just can't fathom even for miners to buy cards at such prices let alone gamers.

the boom and but cycles are not enough to make people sell off cards now. heck during the most recent crash (that we are delectably still in) it actually caused even more people to start mining. so the sold out state of GPU's is not going to change in the short term, medium term, or next few years even. heck even the governments trying to ban and regulate crypto only barely causes a blip in the market any more. rather you are a miner out to buy all the cards, or a miner hating gamer hoping the crypto ponzi scam would end already, bad news, it aint.

I just can't fathom even for miners to buy cards at such prices let alone gamers.

Sure you can!
Currently - right now - with the crypto market down it's still $3 a day for a undervolted 1080TI (using about 175 watts)

https://www.nicehash.com/profitabil...algo26=16.2&algo27=2.96&algo28=6.978&algo29=0

The worst I've seen it since June of last year is $2.25 a day for a undervolted 1080TI.

The highest I've seen it is $12 a day for a undervolted 1080TI in December/January timeframe.

I suspect, if someone pays $1000 for a 1080TI there is a 99% chance they will pay it off in less than 1 year.

Complete ROI, and then turning profit going forward, on something in less than a year is still very lucrative!

Maybe not to you because you are used to 4-6 month ROI turn arounds, but to the average Joe (making 15% in their 401k during the best of years) - 100% return in a year and continuing profit afterwards is nothing short of fantastic. That's why people are still gobbling up cards at $300 over MSRP. Simply because there is STILL great financial incentive to crypto mine!

$1000/ $2.25 a day = 444 days (in the last eight months this is the lowest it's been - for about a 2 week period or so)
$1000/ $3 a day = 333 days
$1000/ $4 a day = 250 days (I'd estimate the average I've seen on a undervolted 1080TI is at least this or above over the last eight months)
$1000 /$5 a day = 200 days
$1000 /$6 a day = 167 days
$1000 /$7 a day = 143 days
$1000/ $8 a day = 125 days
$1000/ $9 a day = 111 days
$1000/ $10 a day = 100 days (was like this for 2-3 weeks in the last couple months)
$1000/ $11 a day = 91 days
$1000/ $12 a day = 83 days. (was like this for a few days in the last couple months)

NOTE: ELECTRICITY IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE FIGURES ABOVE
But if you use a power target of 70% you hit about 175 watts which is about 40 cents per day in power cost at .10 kw/h (United States National Average cost per KW/H) --- (per 1080TI card)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back