"ATI Radeon HD 4250 " = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C5
"ATI Radeon HD 4250 " = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C0
"ATI Radeon HD 4570 " = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9598
"ATI Radeon HD 4580" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9598
"ATI Radeon HD 4730 " = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9505
"ATI Radeon HD 4750" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9505
"ATI Radeon HD 4750 " = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9505

and the new 47x0 brand is as well based on RV63x brand.

Does this mean 3650 = 4750? Sounds even worse than what Nvidia is doing.

^^^

"ATI Radeon HD 4230" = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C5
"ATI Radeon HD 4230 " = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C5
"ATI Radeon HD 4250" = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C5
"ATI Radeon HD 4250 " = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C5
"ATI Radeon HD 4250 " = ati2mtag_RV610, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_95C0
"ATI Radeon HD 4570 " = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9598
"ATI Radeon HD 4580" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9598
"ATI Radeon HD 4750" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9505
"ATI Radeon HD 4750 " = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002& DEV_9505

and the new 47x0 brand is as well based on RV63x brand.

Does this mean 3650 = 4750? Sounds even worse than what Nvidia is doing.

They all do it. No need to make a fuss about it. Those making a fuss, have an history of anti-NVIDIA posts, which is kind of funny, because less than a year ago, the same people were almost begging everyone to support AMD/ATI, because they were the underdog and competition was required. Now they all want NVIDIA to die...That's just how fanboys work, on both sides of the fence...completely irrational.

As for Kyle, he's just reporting what happened to [H]. Obviously what NVIDIA did to [H] is not right and it's something they should never do. It was similar to what AMD did to Tech-Report a while back. They didn't send them samples of Phenom procs, near the launch. I think they did it to other sites too, since they forced everyone to check the procs under AMD's supervision, showing the numbers only AMD provided.

How can a company fall so far so fast? They seem to be in self destruct mode. Are they so much in denial that they can't see that it's their own bad decisions that have put them in this mess? Their chipset business is all but dead because they cared more about pushing SLI than the quality of the product.They antagonized their customers by issuing one tired,overpriced rehashed GPU after another,then got caught by surprise by ATI.Then there's their brilliant strategy of drawing the wrath of an industry giant like Intel.

I found some interesting info over at wikipedia.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...essing_units#GeForce_200_.28GTX_2xx.29_series

It mentions a GTX 299, which does look to be a good new product per the specs listed. If that information is accurate, why in the world would someone think of releasing a new product in an existing product line?

Basically double the number of vertex shaders over the GTX 260 and 50% more geometry shaders, along with 4 more pixel shaders. Using the 40nm process it uses 10% less power than the GTX 260 with raw pixel fill rate is nearing 50% faster than the GTX 260, and has nearly 3x as many GFLOPs as the GTX 285 (also supports DX11 and uses GDDR5).

If that is true, that would deserve a new product line. A complete lineup of 40nm products based on that system (based on the specs, if it were reasonably priced it should mop the floor with the ATI 4800 series). Who ever is directing these lineups needs to be fired ASAP.

If this card "EVER EXIST" ....and under "REASONABLE" price, such as around 400 USD, they win my buck right away when it launch..

if its over 500 USD, sorry, I rather stick with my current cards....

sick and tired of nVidia's insane price tag...

How can a company fall so far so fast? They seem to be in self destruct mode. Are they so much in denial that they can't see that it's their own bad decisions that have put them in this mess? Their chipset business is all but dead because they cared more about pushing SLI than the quality of the product.They antagonized their customers by issuing one tired,overpriced rehashed GPU after another,then got caught by surprise by ATI.Then there's their brilliant strategy of drawing the wrath of an industry giant like Intel.

I love it...so when NVIDIA does it, it's a "brilliant strategy of drawing the wrath of an industry giant like Intel". Other companies do it and "Intel is trying to monopolize the industry and should be stopped"...:rolleyes:

As for their chipset business, you should stop reading articles written by Charlie...

I agree with the overpriced GPU part, since obviously AMD/ATI was able to release something close to the performance of the GT200 chip, for less moeny. But the "rehashed GPU" thing is getting old. GT200 is as rehashed as is the RV770, since both are based on the same architecture as G80 and R600, respectively. The difference was really the initial retail price.

As for their chipset business, you should stop reading articles written by Charlie...
I

We don't need Charlie to tell us that Nvidia has had one problem plagued chipset after another since the 680i days.The only reason people bought them was the SLI factor,and that disappeared with the introduction of the X58.If people prefer traditionally dependable Intel chipsets,that doesn't make them "irrational fanboys."

We don't need Charlie to tell us that Nvidia has had one problem plagued chipset after another since the 680i days.The only reason people bought them was the SLI factor,and that disappeared with the introduction of the X58.If people prefer traditionally dependable Intel chipsets,that doesn't make them "irrational fanboys."
Actually, Nvidia had problem with their chipsets way before the 680i.

I'm not surprised you took that out of context...:rolleyes:
I clearly said that in regards to some of the anti-NVIDIA people that were begging people to "buy" AMD/ATI products in order to keep them alive, about a year ago and now they want NVIDIA to die, making a big fuss about something (rebranding) every company does. That's what makes them irrational...

Maybe Nvidia should just go ahead and release g80 core powered GTX 255 Ultra.

The rant was very Charlie. Is Hardocp about to get credit crunched and you are keeping your options open for a job at the enquirer?

Their stock price plumetted a week ago because of their earnings report.

And that was only after being artificially inflated right before earnings by investor firms who knew they were going to come up short. They short the stock while telling everyone that it's the next best thing so that the price goes up, then comes right back down (and they themselves profit).

Two weeks before earnings the price was not in the $9 range at all.

I also don't understand why anyone is saying Hardocp is sticking to their guns... it wasn't like they had the option to review the hardware in the first place and turned it down. Kyle had his feelings hurt by being excluded and is now lashing out. What is noble here?

Pretty sure you could've done the same with a 9600GT, 8800GT, 8800GTS, 8800GTX, 9800GT, 9800GTX or 9800GTX+ at pretty much the same price level...

But then he'd be stuck with nV crap in his box. Nobody wants that. :p

LOL! Funniest "new" article I've read in a long time. Still, NV deserves what they get for all the BS. I love my 9800GTX, but Christ its time for the card to be put to pasture. In one corner AMD is happily moving along kicking NV's ass at every price level and here we have NV just rehashing the same damn cards with a new name. I hope no one buys any of their rebranded shit.

Looks like Nvidia fired their entire staff except for some hippie who sits in a basement somewhere drinking beer and smoking weed, changing the Name string in the GeForce 8800 BIOS every 6 months. :p

Great article and great to see you sticking to your guns!

I still think you should have reviewed it and given it a terrible review :). However, in the end the effect is the same :D

Shame on you Nvidia :(. I will be sticking with ATI until we get something decent again!

Sensationalism at it's best. A drop by 7% is by no means a "plummet"

The market as a whole was down to it's lowest point in 6 years today. Additionally, NVIDIA's stock has been up and down 10% regularly, it fluctuates 5-10% per day regularly...

Sounds like someone's personally upset about being excluded and trying to exact revenge to me.

Sarcasm. Get you some. It's awesome.

I also don't understand why anyone is saying Hardocp is sticking to their guns... it wasn't like they had the option to review the hardware in the first place and turned it down. Kyle had his feelings hurt by being excluded and is now lashing out. What is noble here?

We ALWAYS have an option to review any hardware we want regardless of it being supplied by any company. If we don't get it direct, we source it from Taiwan, if that fails we simply purchase it on the retail market.

There are no hurt feelings here or any lashing out. You seemed to have missed the humor portion of our program today.

We CHOSE not review the previously rebraned 9800GTX+, even though we were repeated asked to, because it was simply another rebranded product and wanted to direct our resources in other ways for our readership.

How long before YOU lash out again and get banned again for personal attacks in our forums? (We know more about you than you think.)

The rant was very Charlie. Is Hardocp about to get credit crunched and you are keeping your options open for a job at the enquirer?

Maybe so. The differnce being Charlie actually believes what he is typing.

steve and kyle, i'm boycotting nvidia products until they come out with something new... until then im keeping my 9600gt and ati 4850...

however if they start censoring news, i'm about free speach, i'll boycott them until they change their tune.

it is ironic but some of us a few days ago had this discussion in your forums, that we were sick of rebranding and packaging of old hardware.... let their stock fall, then we can buy it at 3$ instead of 30 lol

Way to stick to your guns. This rebranding of old technology has to stop, or at the least, should not be given serious attention by reviewers.

As for Nv's plummeting price, I have mixed feelings as I'm sitting on a heap of shares. In any case, it's the current market environment and ATI's comeback aggrevated by Nv's recent lack of innovation that is driving the price down -- not the lack of coverage by one review source of the dog and pony show that GTX 250 looks to be.

maybe if they lowered their prices on the 260/280's id buy one, but right now they are still way overpriced, especially given the economy.

hvn.jpg

ROFL!!!

So really. the 8800 GTX is the 9800 GTX and the 260?

As for Kyle, he's just reporting what happened to [H]. Obviously what NVIDIA did to [H] is not right and it's something they should never do. It was similar to what AMD did to Tech-Report a while back. They didn't send them samples of Phenom procs, near the launch. I think they did it to other sites too, since they forced everyone to check the procs under AMD's supervision, showing the numbers only AMD provided.

More like Nvidia is afraid that if Kyle was to get his hands on a GTS 250 and in his review say its another renamed 8800 GTS but slightly faster thus no gaming experience improvement whatsoever sales are going to suffer. Face it [H] is a really big pc hardware community and when Kyle says something is a piece of crap [H] stays the !@%# away from it. Basically Nvidia is afraid of the purchasing power of [H] in this case.

More like Nvidia is afraid that if Kyle was to get his hands on a GTS 250 and in his review say its another renamed 8800 GTS but slightly faster thus no gaming experience improvement whatsoever sales are going to suffer. Face it [H] is a really big pc hardware community and when Kyle says something is a piece of crap [H] stays the !@%# away from it. Basically Nvidia is afraid of the purchasing power of [H] in this case.

Best thing is, [h] could just buy a card retail and review and say the same thing. Either way Nvidia loses.

I don't think the 240/250 is a piece of crap. The rebranding issue is a piece of crap. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for [H] to review one of them if they really wanted to, but it's not worth it.

I wish nVidia took a more consumer-oriented approach to their business model. AMD did that with the 4000 series and it really worked for them. When you put the customer first and truly try and innovate product for them at an affordable level, people will come and buy it. We had the GTX/Ultra for a year, and we wanted something better than that, or at least as good as, but at a $200 that the mid-range gamer can afford. I currently have a 295, so I'm nobody's fanboy by any means (step up FTW). But AMD gave the people what they wanted.

Right now we want to have games that truly and efficiently utilize our powerful graphics cards. If we buy a card that does physx, we want games that offer physx. We buy quad core processors - mean they've been out for a LONG time in the hardware world now - why not make games at least see a little benefit from a 3rd or 4th core? They can still make games run on dual cores and older hardware, but the enthusiast who's willing to spend more wants to see the maximum benefit from his expenditure.

I paid over $250 for a 780i motherboard. I have never had a need nor a desire to use SLI, yet I thought I would like to do that someday, so I spent the money. My 780i has trouble keeping my Q6700 at 3.0GHz. I bought a $100 P5Q Pro and can run that same CPU Vista stable at 4.0GHz. And guess what? If you really want SLI/Crossfire that bad, you can buy it within a single card now! I wanted to see a tangible benefit from my expensive hardware, and what did I get? Less for more. The 4850 came out and what did we get? More for less. The 4830? Same thing.

People just wanna get what they pay for. nVidia refusing to deliver more bang/buck and resorting to naming schemes to sell may give them an immediate payout with the uneducated, but even their shareholders can't be so shortsighted to see this as a long-term solution. When a company innovates, and the new looks promising, people invest and spend. Customers and shareholders alike increase greatly in confidence in given brand.

I don't get it - why would they even want you to review a 250 - when you already said it was a rebranded 9800 lol. I can imagine the review if you did - just a hyperlink to a 9800 review.

even more I don't get why they clear out stock on 88/98 cards (I got a 9800 GTX+ for 100 bucks at best buy). then re-brand them and sell them as 250...etc.

I have been an nvidia person a long time. I would care about Cuda if it was incorporated into clonedvd - and physix? I have been playing city of heroes for almost 5 years - a game that incorporates physix --- and when I actually played it with a physix card? meh I could not tell the difference.

I don't get it - why would they even want you to review a 250 - when you already said it was a rebranded 9800 lol. I can imagine the review if you did - just a hyperlink to a 9800 review.

even more I don't get why they clear out stock on 88/98 cards (I got a 9800 GTX+ for 100 bucks at best buy). then re-brand them and sell them as 250...etc.

I have been an nvidia person a long time. I would care about Cuda if it was incorporated into clonedvd - and physix? I have been playing city of heroes for almost 5 years - a game that incorporates physix --- and when I actually played it with a physix card? meh I could not tell the difference.

Actually Kyle needs to take this advice. this is perfect, DO a review of the GTS250 and make it a hyperlink to the 9800GTX+ review. problem solved and he could further drive home the point.

only problem is while Kyle meant this as a joke, all it did was give the fanbois something to fight about, because they see Kyle == [H] and if [H] is "bashing" Nv, then they are very well fed trolls

Funny how this is all a joke, but yall actually think [H] "sticking to their guns" is gonna do anything

And If I recal, I do believe AMD stock is pretty much in the shitter too, so its not like this is some EPIC VICTORY

I swear, some of yall need to back off the bashing, its all a joke

only problem is while Kyle meant this as a joke, all it did was give the fanbois something to fight about, because they see Kyle == [H] and if [H] is "bashing" Nv, then they are very well fed trolls

Funny how this is all a joke, but yall actually think [H] "sticking to their guns" is gonna do anything

And If I recal, I do believe AMD stock is pretty much in the shitter too, so its not like this is some EPIC VICTORY

I swear, some of yall need to back off the bashing, its all a joke

I think most people know its a joke but its a joke that strikes close to home. At this point my next card is likely to be ATI just because Nvidia has become so damn irritating, first the not displaying pricing policy (let us NOT forget that BS), the renaming, the price hike for the 216, trying to use SLI to sell their crappy boards, and I could go on but why? who would buy a CPU from them if they had one? really they NEED to clear out some of their work force, at the top end

Hmm, wasn't this the same company that tried directly deceiving its customers by paying MadOnion (Futuremark) to fudge the performance numbers?

I will be building two new i7 home theater gaming computers in the next two weeks. Wonder what video cards I am going to choose...

I'm not surprised you took that out of context...:rolleyes:
I clearly said that in regards to some of the anti-NVIDIA people that were begging people to "buy" AMD/ATI products in order to keep them alive, about a year ago and now they want NVIDIA to die, making a big fuss about something (rebranding) every company does. That's what makes them irrational...

So we're supposed to ignore a bad business tactic because "every company does it"?That sounds irrational to me.Especially since it's at the core of this incident.Nvidia is the king of rebranding,everyone knows it,yet they get upset when some reviewer refuses to treat every new rehash as something great and innovative.

Back