NVIDIA SHIELD Delayed Until Next Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
Due to a problem with a third-party mechanical component, NVIDIA has decided to delay the launch of its SHIELD handheld gaming device until sometime next month.

The issue relates to a third-party mechanical component, and we’re working around the clock with the supplier to get it up to our expectations. We apologize to those who have preordered SHIELDs and to all those who are waiting for them to go on sale. But we want every SHIELD to be just right.

They can delay it till Christmas I still dont see this selling that much except for that preorder price screwup they had months ago....

Is this the first time nVidia's tried to sell a supposed streaming device called Shield? I only ask because it seems like I've heard nVidia talking about that name in some capacity for a couple of years, now. Maybe I've confused the product, though. Wish them luck as this seems a tough sell...

Is this the first time nVidia's tried to sell a supposed streaming device called Shield? I only ask because it seems like I've heard nVidia talking about that name in some capacity for a couple of years, now. Maybe I've confused the product, though. Wish them luck as this seems a tough sell...

Project Shield was announced back in january during CES

Guess some people will have to wait another month to game while on the can...

I'm still struggling to think of a good use case for this. Android games aside, why would I want to play a PC game streamed to a device with a much smaller display, when I can play it on the actual PC with a much larger display?

Back