Nvidia Shield Console

XViper

Gawd
I'm thinking of picking this thing up. Problem is that it doesn't output optical (Toslink). It has a USB that can be hooked up to DAC's. Nvidia hasn't provided a list of what DAC's are compatible. I bought a Peachtree Audio X1 Asynchronous 24/192 USB to SPDIF Converter on Amazon to see if it will convert the USB to optical.

The reason for this is that my receiver does not have a USB input nor HDMI just coaxial and optical. I'm not about to buy a new receiver until a bit later.

Any suggestions to get this to output 5.1?

Actually most DACs will work just fine with Android. There is a "USB Audio" standard that most DACs adhere to and work very well in Windows because Microsoft still only has USB Audio 1.0 vs everybody else being on 2.0.

Anyways to do what your doing you can do an extractor or you can use something like a Gustard U12 which will provide you with 3 outputs AES/EBU, TOSLINK, and SPDIF

I actually just got mine delivered last night and was confused at the lack of audio ports. The good news is that it synced right up to my wireless Visio soundbar setup I have. I am pleased to tell you that it works just great. Less wires to hide for my home theater projector setup.

I'm thinking of picking this thing up. Problem is that it doesn't output optical (Toslink). It has a USB that can be hooked up to DAC's. Nvidia hasn't provided a list of what DAC's are compatible. I bought a Peachtree Audio X1 Asynchronous 24/192 USB to SPDIF Converter on Amazon to see if it will convert the USB to optical.

The reason for this is that my receiver does not have a USB input nor HDMI just coaxial and optical. I'm not about to buy a new receiver until a bit later.

Any suggestions to get this to output 5.1?

Yea, hdmi.

SPDIF is almost 20.

Back