Nvidia Security Update

Holy shit balls, that is a long list of vulnerabilities. Did the monkeys coding the drivers forget to clean them up before pushing them into prod?

No doubt that'll be related to the telemetry service nv drivers now install by default.

Let's open up a port and send pump out data! where's the risk in that?!

I always delete that service post install as a matter of course...

No doubt that'll be related to the telemetry service nv drivers now install by default.

Let's open up a port and send pump out data! where's the risk in that?!

I always delete that service post install as a matter of course...
Read the bulletin. They were not properly handling pointers passed to the DxgkDdiEscape function, which could allow access to kernel memory to do all sorts of nasty stuff.

you don't need to use the latest driver...382.05 was 2 drivers ago I think (including the latest Prey hotfix one)
According to the nvidia site this is the latest non-hotfix, so if I roll back I won't have the security fix. I'll have a look at the hotfix driver, maybe that will work better for me....

According to the nvidia site this is the latest non-hotfix, so if I roll back I won't have the security fix. I'll have a look at the hotfix driver, maybe that will work better for me....

yup, you're right 382.05 is the latest driver and the only one with the fix (except for the 382.19 Prey hotfix)...I'm surprised Nvidia didn't release a new Game-Ready driver this week for The Surge

The problem with this is that the 38x series of drivers break HDR functionality for televisions. I'm stuck with 37x drivers until either Nvidia or MS can decide who is at fault and fix it.

The problem with this is that the 38x series of drivers break HDR functionality for televisions. I'm stuck with 37x drivers until either Nvidia or MS can decide who is at fault and fix it.
I thought it was just broken on the desktop? The HDR issue is in Microsoft's court, as far as I'm aware due to it being one of the many issues with the Creators Update.

I thought it was just broken on the desktop? The HDR issue is in Microsoft's court, as far as I'm aware due to it being one of the many issues with the Creators Update.

It's busted in certain games, too. Mass Effect and Shadow Warrior 2 pull their HDR gamma from the desktop, so they're still dark and violet tinted no matter what you do.
What's weird is that in the Nvidia forum, their reps tell a different story every week. One minute they swear it's MS's fault and that nothing can be fixed on their end. Then the next day you'll see a post that they're "actively working on a fix for this problem." MS has pretty much stayed quiet beyond saying they are aware that it's an issue with certain displays.

Back