Nvidia RTX 4090

1617293990252.png

I found it cool he even made a PCB for it

And not just that, it's actually convincing, when he has the pcb bare in the background you can see the cooler and even the mock copper plate in the cooler, so you can disassemble this thing and still have it look very convincing. Must have been a shitload of 3d printing involved in this.

That was hilarious! Especially the smoke at the end. :D

Wouldn't two make it a 220v? If Nvidia didn't do that, it would be a missed opportunity.
I'm no EE but it only has 1 transformer so I imagine it is just using 2 cables for reduced throughput through them individually like why we use 2 8 pins on motherboards.

Wouldn't two make it a 220v? If Nvidia didn't do that, it would be a missed opportunity.
This is a serious April Fool’s joke. Don’t be an idiot. While the RTX 4090 tops the Bungholio leaderboard, even NVIDIA cannot get 220v out of two 120v plugs.

Knowing Nvida, they probably can't.... BUT THIS CHILD CAN!

I was about to retort that NVIDIA would never saddle users with an adapter that could potentially burn down their house.

But then I glanced over to the mini 12 pin adapter then came with the FE cards. The one that was supposed to deliver 300 watts. That uses two 8 pin connectors. That could come from the same PSU rail over some 18AWG wires.

You win. They used that kid for their chief designer. On the 3090. 4090 is another step up entirely.

Last edited:
Back