Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Versus GTX 1080 Ti Benchmarks Are Out

I think you didn't watch the Turkish 2080 Ti vs 1080 Ti video, which is the subject of this thread. I'm comparing the leak claiming 44fps for 1080 Ti and 56fps for 2080 Ti in Witcher 3 versus an actual legit benchmark, which I linked.
My mistake, could it be hairworks to max?

Pretty sure that a stock 1080 Ti at launch was seeing around 44 FPS average at 4K ultra (including hairworks). Without hairworks it looks like 60 FPS was the average at ultra.

Nah it was never that bad, maybe if you are fighting a pack of wolves in woods but not in most of the game like in Novigrad. You'd have to have a pretty thermally limited 1080 Ti to get performance that bad. Even a 980 Ti can do > 35fps with hairworks on at 4K.

Nah it was never that bad, maybe if you are fighting a pack of wolves in woods but not in most of the game like in Novigrad. You'd have to have a pretty thermally limited 1080 Ti to get performance that bad. Even a 980 Ti can do > 35fps with hairworks on at 4K.

It depends where you are in game. I know some places where 44fps with hairworks on is 100% accurate a non throttled 1080 ti. And if you use hairworks AA 8x (overkill IMO) it will be that low pretty much all around.

It depends where you are in game. I know some places where 44fps with hairworks on is 100% accurate a non throttled 1080 ti. And if you use hairworks AA 8x (overkill IMO) it will be that low pretty much all around.

Sure its possible, in fact theres 1 scene in a game you'll even drop to 57-58 fps momentarily on a titan v at 1850ghz (at skellige). But on average even with hair works maxed out a titan v will do 70+fps.

You cant have a 2080ti that's 35-45% faster than 1080ti and also be 15-20% slower than a titan v, u cant have both things be true at the same time lol it's a mathematical contradition.

Back