Nvidia Price Cuts...

G_Sup

Limp Gawd
Is Newegg the only store to get the price drop memo? I almost wish I had bit yesterday before they raised the prices. The Classified was at 559, now back up to 699. The stock Evga 780 was as low as 499, but has since increased $30. Amazon and TD haven't flinched at the price drops which I'm sure is the reasoning behind Newegg raising the prices so quickly.

I'm on the edge as I currently have 2 580's, however with Maxwell coming out in a few months... uhgggg.

Amazon dropped the price of the Galaxy HOF, doesn't look like the rest got the cut. Maybe once the day starts for both (It is currently 4:40am for Egg and Zon) the price cuts will start to take effect.

The odd thing is that it's a whopping $649 at Amazon. I can't believe that Amazon hasn't changed their prices yet... how can they even compete with the Egg? I think that the Egg thought that AMA and TD would follow suit yesterday and when they saw that they didn't, they jacked up the prices.

Yes, but they are still way lower than everyone else (EVGA's at least). I just wish the others would catch on so we could get some kind of pricing war going.

The cheapest evga 780 I see at egggouger is 03G-P4-2782-KR for $539. It's supposed to drop to $499 right?

well I think some of them in the lower $500 range did get the cut...they are more expensive because they are faster clocked than stock (dumb, but thats what they do)

tech bargains dot com had a link to a $499 MSI 780 card at the 'Egg.

EVGA's website is reflecting the drops and in some cases is about $40 lower than Newegg.

Starting to come through at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9M4QUA/

You guys have to realize that getting all these prices changed with the etailers is not a simple deal and often time consuming in getting them pushed through. Newegg pays better attention than anyone when it comes to this.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dangit, I can't pick a lane....currently have 3 tabs open in my browser to the [H] reviews of the HOF@$539, DC2@519, and Lightning@549. I guess this is one of those good "problems" to have:)

Price changes aren't going to happen instantly, existing stock still needs to be moved without dropping it bellow purchase price. You can't reasonably expect every retailer to take a hit to the pocket just because Nvidia lowered the pricing on components on their end, it will take a few weeks for the cheaper stock to start filtering through the proper channels.

Price changes aren't going to happen instantly, existing stock still needs to be moved without dropping it bellow purchase price. You can't reasonably expect every retailer to take a hit to the pocket just because Nvidia lowered the pricing on components on their end, it will take a few weeks for the cheaper stock to start filtering through the proper channels.

That's not how things work.

It's $150 off of the price of the 780, if a card is using a custom cooler then it won't hit the $499 price dead on.

The EVGA 780 SC is back down to $524 w rebate at the Egg. Had to pick one up.

It would be nice if Amazon and TigerDirect could get all their prices down where the manufacturer says it should be. So far only EVGA's and Galaxy's websites seems to have all the right prices. Even Newegg is charger more than EVGA's on some things.

The MSI Lighting and Evga Superclocked are 40$ more expensive (560$) vs. the Galaxy HOF in Canada and some retailers are selling them w/o the Holiday Bundle...

it's $506.38 Used (Very Good condition) at Amazon Warehouse...anyone have any experience with Amazon warehouse?...any issue buying Used from them?

I've bought a few things from them and the only problem I've had is the 750D I bought. It was supposed to be like new but the front panel has some broken clips and the magnetic mesh has a bend in it. I'm not going to go through the hassle to return it, I will just ask Corsair if I can get replacement parts and shoot off a complaint to Amazon Warehouse about it. Beyond that, everything has been fine. I was considering buying a motherboard through them at one point, but a much better deal came along on these forums.

I've bought a few things from them and the only problem I've had is the 750D I bought. It was supposed to be like new but the front panel has some broken clips and the magnetic mesh has a bend in it. I'm not going to go through the hassle to return it, I will just ask Corsair if I can get replacement parts and shoot off a complaint to Amazon Warehouse about it. Beyond that, everything has been fine. I was considering buying a motherboard through them at one point, but a much better deal came along on these forums.

on the website it also says that "Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty" which worries me a bit esp with a video card purchase

on the website it also says that "Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty" which worries me a bit esp with a video card purchase

You would have to look at MSI's warranty info to see how they deal with it or contact them directly and ask. Some AIBs allow transferred warranties or have warranties that simply follow the card itself and not the user.

Back