Nvidia Posts Full GK110 Whitepaper/Specs

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
- 7.1 billion transistors

- Up to 3x the performance per watt of Fermi

- 15 SMX modules, 2880 cores

- Six 64-bit memory controllers (384-bit)

- An enhanced memory subsystem, offering additional caching capabilities, more bandwidth at each level of the hierarchy, and a fully redesigned and substantially faster DRAM I/O implementation.

- 960KB of shared memory

- 1536KB of dedicated L2 cache memory

More here http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/27196-kepler-gk110-detailed-by-nvidia

Official Whitepaper Here

http://www.nvidia.com/content/PDF/kepler/NVIDIA-Kepler-GK110-Architecture-Whitepaper.pdf

Sounds like a beast, can't wait to see its release and if they gave out better compute power.

Some rumors peg this at 25% faster than GTX 680. Looking at what I see here a card built like this with a good gaming driver can be no slower than 50% faster than a GTX 680.

I'm gonna go as far as saying that this card will be nearly 2x as powerful as a GTX 580 in many scenarios.

All of this is great but when does it hit consumer level instead of professional applications?

If I had to guess, I wouldn't expect this card to come out until Maybe January 2013 as a GTX 780. Rumors are saying that it is coming soon. I would only see that as being true if AMD really forces nvidia's hand, then I'd expect a complete paper launch on these. I doubth their ready in any capacity to launch in decent quantities and be a flagship card.

But does it play diablo 3?

Apparently it can, just not in nv surround without being in windowed mode.

Some rumors peg this at 25% faster than GTX 680. Looking at what I see here a card built like this with a good gaming driver can be no slower than 50% faster than a GTX 680.

I'm gonna go as far as saying that this card will be nearly 2x as powerful as a GTX 580 in many scenarios.

Depends on clock speed though. If it is hot and power hungry and runs at 900 Mhz instead of the 1100ish of GK104 it won't fare so well in comparison.

I'm reading through the whitepaper now and there is a LOT of additional hardware baked in that would be useless for gaming, yet is perfect for GPGPU applications.

Actually I just realized

This GPU Can Play CRYSIS!!!!!

:D

I would expect full maxed settings at 25x16 and over 60fps

LOL J/k :p

Back