Nvidia: Pacific Crest Downgrades; To Exit Chipset Mkt?

ferr

Limp Gawd
http://blogs.barrons.com/techtrader...s-to-exit-chipset-mkt/?mod=googlenews_barrons

Nvidia (NVDA) shares are down sharply today following a highly negative report on the company from Pacific Crest’s Michael McConnell.

For starters, he asserts that Nvidia plans to exit the chipset market in 2009. “Our checks confirm that Nvidia has decided to exit the chipset market next year,” he wrote. McConnell notes that chipsets are expected to account for 21% of the company’s revenue in the January 2009 fiscal year; he estimates today come down dramatically to reflect that expected move.

Meanwhile, McConnell also says that due to “fallout from defective notebook GPUs,” the company’s share of the notebook market will likely drop below 50% once Intel’s refreshed Montevina platform ships in the second quarter of 2009.

McConnell asserts that a negative pre-announcement on results for the fiscal third quarter ended October “appears imminent.”

McConnell cut his rating on the stock to Sector Perform from Outperform; he says there is downside in the graphics chip company’s shares to $7. McConnell cut his EPS estimate for FY ‘09 to 70 cents, from 78 cents; for FY 2010 he drops to 46 cents, from 72 cents.

NVDA today is down $1.25, or 13.8%, to $7.78.

Mega sad face. Can't be true?

Hmm , So VIA and Nivida will be out of that Market?

LOL Apple might want to rethink having the Nvidia chipset in their new alum macbooks.

I think Nividia needs to seriously stand up and admit they f'd up those chipsets that were faulty.

My 680i is indeed flaky at times. I look forward to multi-gpu on intel chipsets in the future :D

Isn't NV's chipset exit old news now? SLI will live on in i7 boards.

Always had good luck with Nvidia chipsets on AMD's side, never had good luck with Nvidia chipsets on Intel's side.

AMD now owns ATi and are making their own high performance chipsets, Nvidia still can't get their act together when it comes to Intel's platform...so out they go.

Always had good luck with Nvidia chipsets on AMD's side, never had good luck with Nvidia chipsets on Intel's side.

AMD now owns ATi and are making their own high performance chipsets, Nvidia still can't get their act together when it comes to Intel's platform...so out they go.

Yep, I always love Nvidia on AMD side but on Intel side it was a pile of shit.

And everyone was thinking that they would of fix the fuck up on the 780I/790I that happend on the 680I? I mean they asked for it.

Back