Nvidia Or aTi?

GSG9PH

n00b
Im confused.. :confused:

shall it be Evga 6800gs superclock ed. (490/1.1ghz) or Sapphire x850xt both have identical price of 199$

so which will you take?

well in terms of pure speed the x850xt is going to be faster but I would go with the 6800GS myself. Just because it has SM3.0 support.

Might want to wait to see what the x1800gto is going to cost as well as nvidia's 7600 cards.

are you looking for AGP or PCI express... I venture to say PCI express as thats what the two you listed are.

Of the two, I'd pick up the ATI card in a heartbeat and probably grab an aftermarket cooler as well. The stock cooler on the x850xt is loud as hell!

yea im looking for a pci-e version. so ati is the better deal? i dnt thnk shader 3.0 would help. i thnk is has a big performance hit if the 6800 wil run on shader 3.0.. but i dunno.. :confused:.. its k my case is as loud as hell already. 3 120mm fans, 2 80's..etc..

Vote for the ATI.
I reckon the shader model 3 is wasted on 6800, not enough power there.

ATI

SM3 is still a buzzword.

yay theres others out there that see this still :D

unless you really wanted to play with HDR on the 6800GS, go for the XT, the X1800GTO might debut at $300+ and that wouldn't really be close to this price range

Trimlock said:
yay theres others out there that see this still :D

unless you really wanted to play with HDR on the 6800GS, go for the XT, the X1800GTO might debut at $300+ and that wouldn't really be close to this price range

when? and if true, unlockable ? would be nice :)

If its any good for you, I compared side by side a 6800U and an X800GTO(flashed to x850) and colors and speed were a whole lot better on the ati card.

when? and if true, unlockable ? would be nice

link: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=804

thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1019400

i highly doubt it'll be unlockable, most likely be disabled on the core, instead of in the bio's like the GTO2's were, but man if it is... holy poop on on a stick that'd be a kick ass card, date is unknown but i'm hoping its around the time of the G71 launch, i have a bunch of people looking to upgrade from 6200's and X700's, and i want to recommend this card in the build :D

I'm really happy with my 6800GS and that runs BF2 on full everything at 1280x1024 but that's with video card and CPU OC'd :D Can you OC the x850 to 500/1360?

Back