Nvidia OpenGL Errors! GTX 560ti

Craig56

Limp Gawd
Im having issues with the "Nvidia OpenGL Error Code 7". My specs are: EVGA GTX560ti 448 core edition, G31MXK motherboard, 4gb Team Elite ram, Windows 7 Pro 32bit, Apevia 700w PSU. Everytime I try to play QuakeLive, it loads and plays for maybe a few seconds then my screen goes black, and comes back on with a window saying "OpenGL Error 7". I havent tried any other game, but this got progressively worse to the point where it doesnt play at all anymore. It will just load the game, and a few seconds later my screen turns black and pops the window up. I entered registry entries to stop the Tdr loop, reformatted my entire PC, changed voltage settings, and used 301.xx/303.xx/306.xx drivers. Nothing has worked. I also installed an EAH3450 just to see if that would work, and it played everything fine. Im leaning towards the GTX560 is done and its time for replacement. Or is there still hope to fix the issue? Please help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well with EVGA precision x, I upped the voltage from 1050 to 1063mv, lowered the GPU clock from 797 to 615mhz, and lowered the memory clock from 1950 to 1500mhz and I get no error. What is causing this?

Well with EVGA precision x, I upped the voltage from 1050 to 1063mv, lowered the GPU clock from 797 to 615mhz, and lowered the memory clock from 1950 to 1500mhz and I get no error. What is causing this?

If you are getting the errors at stock settings, then pretty much the card is defective, in light of this info here.

There's no possibility that the PSU is failing and not giving the card enough power when under load?

Back