Dennis Gordon
Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 13, 2005
- Messages
- 590
In my gathering of components for my new build, I snagged a PCIe card off of Ebay. It's a Quadro 64meg NVS280. It's a business card meant to drive up to 4 monitors. Since this is for a publishing workstation (InDesign, Pshop etc), I figured it will work okay with an X2 and Epox 939 mobo. I don't need 3D performance at all.
What concerns me is that it was originally an HP peripheral. I've found the drivers and software (I think) at the Nvidia website. Is there any chance that the BIOS might have something HP specific in it that will give me problems? Should I flash it? It appears to have a recent BIOS
Here's the HP info on it... not much
http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.asp?sku=2475966&jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280
What concerns me is that it was originally an HP peripheral. I've found the drivers and software (I think) at the Nvidia website. Is there any chance that the BIOS might have something HP specific in it that will give me problems? Should I flash it? It appears to have a recent BIOS
Here's the HP info on it... not much
http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.asp?sku=2475966&jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280