nvidia nforce ethernet teaming question / issue

Myrandex

Limp Gawd
I have an nforce 570 sli system and I have enabled teaming, and I was wondering if I should see one or two ethernet cards listed on the system. Also, my system is extremely slow to start ethernet. Windows will be completely finished bootin and about 2 minutes later, my ethernet icon starts up. Currently the system is clean as here is how I set it up:
Install Windows XP SP1 a, installed SP2 immediately following completion of setup
Install newest motherboard drivers, reboot.
Install newest VGA drivers, reboot.
Install AMD CPU driver, reboot.
Install all windows updates, involves 3 reboots.
Installed Nero 6 OEM, updated, installed Free AVG, updated, reboot.

Here is the config:
AMD AthlonX2 5400+ 2.8GHz.
Abit KN9 SLI (bios has audio disabled, both ethernet enabled, floppy controller disabled)
Seagate 500GB SATA2 16MB Cache
2 x MSI 7100GS 128MB (not running SLI, used for multi monitor)
Samsung 18X DVD+-R(W) SATA burner
600W SLI certified Power Supply

Thanks Guys!
Jason

edit -> Noticed in event viewer that "Forceware IP service hung on startup" existed on every reboot. Also in my environment I am pretty sure that I will see a difference, as these boxes have the chance of many PCs pulling ~4GB images off at the same time (hence I am trying to team the connections together on a 2gb switch).

i tried it on my evga 680i, and didnt like it. but iirc, both my ethernet connections were in device manager, and in the properties page of "my network places". i saw no benefit in this, my download and upload speeds stayed the same , and i didnt notice any diff in on line games. i had some trouble with firefox and ie7, so i disconnected one of the cables and uninstalled.

Back