Nvidia livestream thread.

They just announced the nvidia cloud called The Geforce Experience. I like the idea but I doubt I will use it. I am one of those 1/5 pc gamers he was talking about who tinkers with my settings.

They were talking about their new cards auto-overclocking now. Good stuff for people who aren't going to screw around with their clocks.

(Loads up video of mech game) "Look at the physics, look at the geometries, look at those graphics. This is going to be one amazing game to play"

........its playing at like 5fps.

The textures look amazing. Its mind blowing to think that in about 10 years we are probably going to look back at Crysis 3 graphics and think that it looks like shit.

I'm enjoying the chat more than the presentation.

"Confirmed: the gtx 690 has the power of 3 light bulbs in a shoe."

And we thought 680's were hard to get, getting a 690 is going to be even worse.

Esp with the card looking as nice as it does.

Do want though, do want.

I think money would be most people first obstacle, wiliness second and availability third.

Actually no, I think the first obstacle would be power consumption. Its not THAT expensive, but I'm pretty sure it would use alot more power than many cards. I think i'll stick with my 9800GT for now - looking for a bigger upgrade.

Actually no, I think the first obstacle would be power consumption. Its not THAT expensive, but I'm pretty sure it would use alot more power than many cards. I think i'll stick with my 9800GT for now - looking for a bigger upgrade.

$999 and you think people are going to care about power draw? It's going to use less than 2x GTX 680s, and less than 2x 7970s and quite a bit less than 2x GTX 580s. I really doubt anyone shelling out $999 (or even $899) for that thing is going to think about power draw - except possibly how to increase it so they pump up the overclock.

You gotta be high if you think power is the first thing one would think about over blowing one grand. I mean I guess you do know what you're getting yourself in to if you're that hardcore of a gamer who lives on the bleeding edge who would have spent $1,000 for an SLI set-up regardless of how it came, but lets not forget, one grand is a lot of money lol. Hell it is over 2/3rd what my system costs to build and that included a GTX 260 before the 500 series was even out.

So, for $999 why not get 2 680's?

One advantage I see is this 690 have 5 power phase for each GPU, as opposed to 4 power phase on a reference 680 board. Of course non reference board would have 6-10 power phase or more, but 2 of those will cost way more than $999

I don't know if it really helps in overclocking the GPU, its one of those things the board makers often advertise as having more on a motherboard or graphic card is better for overclocking.

One advantage I see is this 690 have 5 power phase for each GPU, as opposed to 4 power phase on a reference 680 board. Of course non reference board would have 6-10 power phase or more, but 2 of those will cost way more than $999

I don't know if it really helps in overclocking the GPU, its one of those things the board makers often advertise as having more on a motherboard or graphic card is better for overclocking.
doesn't the gtx680 have 4 for gpu and 1 for memory for a total of 5? that would mean the gtx690 is no different in that regard with 10 total.

doesn't the gtx680 have 4 for gpu and 1 for memory for a total of 5? that would mean the gtx690 is no different in that regard with 10 total.

Ah yes, the memory. It looks like the GTX 690 do have additional power phase for each memory set, located at the top left edge and bottom right edge of the card.

I assume the 10 power phase in the middle would be for the GPU, a total of 10+2.

690_Board.jpg

What gets me (at least with the reference design) is that like the 590, the 690 has no HDMI, only 3x DL-DVI and 1x mini-DP.

I need a HDMI for my TV (for sim rig)....

Back