• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nvidia Laser locked GPU's??

MarcusFoX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,164
Does anyone know if this is true, do ati and Nvidia Laser lock there gpu's when there produced?? I was looking to soft mod a GT to a GTS g92 when it came out, if there info is true then that will hinder that,
 
yes, they've done that since the 7x00 series. The last nvidia card I knew of that would unlock is a 6800 series.
 
yah I read it .. and ive been doing Hardware awhile and never came across this.. I guess that would explain why the 7xxx soft modding wasnt to popular making the exception of the 7900 GTX and 7900 GTO thing.
 
... because nobody uses lasers to disable blocks on a chip.

They do have fuses blown though. Which comes down to the same thing, except that it's waaaaay cheaper to produce.
 
Back
Top