NVidia GTX 780 Ti

And now show us your power bill :eek:

Nothing beats homegrown power - appropriately colored "green" :D

original.jpg

AndyE has either a reactor in his back yard or a lot of extension cords going throughout his neighborhood. :D

The latter. Big ones. Don't know why the neigborhood is so dark during my folding :)

BTW, to use a common metric here: One of these cables would support 34 mio ppd - too bad I don't have that many machines ( 36 x i4P systems).
original.jpg

:D
Andy

Hi,

I'm new to Folding and have just got a new i7-4770k with a 780Ti GPU.
You are posting figures of up to 200k PPD from the 780Ti and currently I am getting about 30k PPD from it :eek:

I just downloaded the latest FAH Windows client (am running Win 8.1), nothing is overclocked. Am folding on 6 of the 8 core of the CPU and they all get the QRB but the GPU isn't. The GPU is currently running 8018 projects if that makes a difference. TPF is 2 min 41 secs.

Is there something simple I need to do to get the PPD nearer your excellent level ?
I've tried reading the FAH FAQ but I tend to find myself going round in circles without getting any answers.

Thanks for your help.

PS. Meant to say I am using 331.82 drivers

Open up F@H and go to Configure>Identity and click the link that will get you a passkey.

Once you get that emailed to you make sure to input it manually.

Next slide on over to Configure>Slots and edit the gpu. Once the new window pops up scroll to the very bottom where it says "Extra slot options"and hit "add". For the name type "client-type" and the value is "beta".

Right now even though Core_17 is "public", they'll still hand out Core_15 units. Less so on "advanced", but even lesser still using the "beta" flag. We need some more damn Core_17 beta WU's.

Thank's for the reply.

After I've added the 'beta' and clicked save do I need to restart or will it just pick up the change when it completes the current WU and grabs another ?

From your last comment I take it I may still get WU's that don't have a QRB with the beta flag set ?

Thank's for the reply.

After I've added the 'beta' and clicked save do I need to restart or will it just pick up the change when it completes the current WU and grabs another ?

From your last comment I take it I may still get WU's that don't have a QRB with the beta flag set ?

Opps...yeah I forgot to mention once the current WU finishes and the Passkey/beta flag is turned on it should automatically grab you a QRB unit (if there are any, yesterday no 8900's were sent my way until this morning again). You could always just delete the current WU if you really wanted, but I'd just get the points and finish it.

You are correct. Because there are so few QRB Core_17 WU's (just the 8900) the chances of those running out is much faster, which is what I think happened yesterday for a lot of people including myself. Wasn't much of a problem when it was 7810, 7811, and 8900, but apparently the first two are finished and we haven't seen anything new in the past 6 months to add to the Core_17 pool.

I let the existing one run to completion and it has now grabbed an 8900 and PPD is just above 170k for the GPU :D

Does adding 'beta' to the cpu make any difference or not ?

Cheers :cool:

Depends. Some WU's will give you upwards of a few thousands PPD more on the hexacore systems that I've seen, but usually they're in-line with beta or non-beta CPU WU points. Doesn't hurt to keep it beta, at least usually :p.

Cheers :D

Now overclock that beast to 1100 MHz and let the fun begin!

I only got the PC on Thursday :D
Will give it some time to settle in.

Besides, I'll be away for a week from tomorrow visiting relatives for xmas:)
Don't want it blowing up while I'm not there to take care of it !

Back