Nvidia GTX 7 Series

mrkma

Weaksauce
Looking to get a new video card to pair with a new build I am going to be putting together.

I will link you to the build thread that I created. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1820874

I cannot decide between the EVGA GTX 750TI, 760 or 770. I know there is quite a difference between them.

The games as I listed in the thread that I would consider to be the most demanding would be Arma 3 and Planetside 2.

I am just having problems finding benchmarks for those games and these cards.

Anyone have any input?

theres a huge gap between the 750ti and 760 performance wise and it reflects on the price also. heres a list of benchmarks (but not for those games). and you can compare card for card at hwcompare or gpu boss.
google is your friend if your looking for benches of those particular games.

also i might add you probably wont run into any budget constraints so like Mister E said go for the 770

At 1920x1080 you might as well go 770. I would go with a 4gb model at this point though if you can find a good deal on one.

Based on the linked thread, neither the 750 Ti or the 760 is what you want. Invest in a 770 since you have high gaming needs. The 750 Ti is great for low power, low heat, "light" 1080p gaming. That word referring to you constantly having to change the settings with each game.

People are obsessing about the 750 Ti because it packs quite a good punch for how little energy it uses and heat is output. It really isn't that impressive for the price. The 650 Ti Boost, 660, and 760 at stock all whoop it good.

the other thing I am not sure of is if I should just get a 750 ti just to make the games playable ( lowering the settings isn't that big of a deal temporarily) and then upgrading to a new 8 series card when they are released, and using the 750ti in a smaller rig for the future. I figure I could then either get a 8 series card, or a 7 series at a discount.

the other thing I am not sure of is if I should just get a 750 ti just to make the games playable ( lowering the settings isn't that big of a deal temporarily) and then upgrading to a new 8 series card when they are released, and using the 750ti in a smaller rig for the future. I figure I could then either get a 8 series card, or a 7 series at a discount.
I dont understand that logic. Just get a card now that meets your needs.

That's wasted money. And in all honesty you'd have to really skimp on settings with the 750ti.

750 ti = 'new' Maxwell card, very efficient - 640 cores, 128bit memory bus,
770 = 680 with minor refinement - 1536 cores, 256bit memory bus,

Waiting... and waiting can be detrimental to your gamer well-being. If ARMA 3 is anything like ARMA(1st), you will need a 770 for playability...plus the fact nothing better will be here for....a while.
Bite the bullet, you can always sell the 770 to fund the 'new' 8 series card...GL!!!!!

At 1920x1080 you might as well go 770. I would go with a 4gb model at this point though if you can find a good deal on one.

this, if you ever decide to play Watch underscore Dogs....:)

Last edited:
Just get a R9 290 if you are thinking about a 4GB 770. The 290 is about 15 percent better.

Pretty much what I did ... 750 Ti now... will bump up to mid-high end 800 series around Christmas time this year. Move the 750 Ti into a secondary box for my kids.

Havent been playing on the computer much for a while so I removed my AMD 7850 and just using the Intel built-in HD3000 to keep the heat/noise down.

But looking at getting an NVidia Shield since they are $200 now and it would allow me to play games remotely which would be much more convienent for me. Since the system would only have to render at 720p (an the occasional 1080p), I was thinking a 750ti would be plenty.

+1 750Ti now, Maxwell series in 6-12 months. PS2 and Arma3 are both CPU limited games anyway.

Buy a used card for 1/2 retail and wait for next gen.

280x and 290s are going for nothing now, and you can get a lightly used 770 for 250-300.

Back