• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nvidia GTX 550 Custom Resolution / Timing Not Saving...Help!

Bigzaj

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
96
I just switched from an AMD 6670 to Nvidia 550 GTX to finally solve my 23Hz woes. But after attempting to save a 23Hz setting with timing of 23.976 it is not working. So here we go!

In the Nvidia control panel under resolution it lists under SD/HD, for 1920x1080 it has the following refresh rates:
60Hz
59Hz
24Hz
23Hz

When I click to add a custom resolution I choose 23Hz, then under timing set it to 23.976...after the TEST I click save. When it saves it does not save as 23Hz but as 24Hz. 24Hz is now gone from the list above. Under SD/HD for 1920x1080 it now lists:
60Hz
59Hz
23Hz

Under custom it has 24Hz, when I click to customize this one it does not show the custom timing, but it is set to automatic, when I click to customize it is at 24.000

There are obvious skips when I set to 23Hz, so I'm pretty sure that it is not saving correctly. How can I save my 23Hz profile with custom 23.976 timing?
 
Showing my ignorance, but is .024Hz gonna make that big a difference over 24Hz? I realize that is not an option at your resolution (which is..?) and your resolution might be where the problem is. Especially if you have had it for two cards.
 
higher hertz shouldn't even affect movie watching which is the only reason I can assume you would want to run at 23.976hz.
 
higher hertz shouldn't even affect movie watching which is the only reason I can assume you would want to run at 23.976hz.

If the source->output->tv do not all match Hz(or go up by whole multiples) then you will get dropped or extended frames.
 
HTPC Resolution aiming for 23.976Hz ... Projector accepts 23.976/24/25/29/30/50/59/60

Blurays are 23.976FPS...if my HTPC refresh is 23.976 then I wont get any video skips...@ 24hz there are skips in video.

Really just need to figure out why my profiles won't save correctly
 
Back
Top