• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nvidia GTX 295 - 1/2 Cards Functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuschelweich

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
274
Putting my half functioning GTX 295 up for auction. Only the top card with the HDMI port is functional. Would be good for folding or possibly tri SLI with another 295. Any questions please let me know. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261222309692



SOLD + SHIPPED :)
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol i love it! good luck with the auction sir! hopefully you see 1/2 the profit or more of a full one!
 
ever try opening it up and checking the connector between the two cards? does it run with only one (the working) board? do you need to connect power to both or does it work with only connecting the 6-pin?
 
lol i love it! good luck with the auction sir! hopefully you see 1/2 the profit or more of a full one!

Thank you! 1/2 the price of a full one would be great :)

ever try opening it up and checking the connector between the two cards? does it run with only one (the working) board? do you need to connect power to both or does it work with only connecting the 6-pin?

I did take the cover off and both the PCIe and SLI ribbon connectors seem to be attached fine and don't appear to be damaged in any way.

It will run as-is with only one board, however you get no POST screen. Video output from the HDMI port will only come up once Windows has loaded the drivers. I used an HDMI -> DVI adapter. Also Windows detects it in multi monitor mode(Extended I believe), so you have to set the one you see as primary. Lastly the fan seems to spin at a constant 100%, but it's not terribly loud really. Idles at like 52C if I recall correctly.

Fairly certain you need to attach power to both or you'll get a red light, but the non functioning card with the 8pin doesn't really pull any power so you might be able to get away with just plugging a 6pin into it. I ran it with one 6pin with an apevia CVT628 splitter on one 18A rail and it worked fine. Seems to draw no more power than a gtx 260.

Hope that help and please let me know if you have anymore questions :)
 
It will run as-is with only one board, however you get no POST screen. Video output from the HDMI port will only come up once Windows has loaded the drivers. I used an HDMI -> DVI adapter.

Thanks for answering! I'm a little confused by this. So it *does* work with only running one board, with the other's internal sli connector disconnected? Does it not show anything until the driver is loaded for both it running in single board mode and regular (2 board) mode?
 
Well the culprit could be this frayed PCB but do you have any better photos of the extent of this damage? I am interested. :)
 
Thanks for answering! I'm a little confused by this. So it *does* work with only running one board, with the other's internal sli connector disconnected? Does it not show anything until the driver is loaded for both it running in single board mode and regular (2 board) mode?

NP! :). The SLI connector is connected, but the other card isn't functioning so the SLI bridge chip doesn't "see" another card there to enable SLI. I checked the nvidia control panel and there's no option for anything to do with enabling/disabling single or dual/SLI mode.

I can't really physically change it from running in single or SLI without physically taking it apart and removing the cable, but it doesn't really matter since the other card isn't detected anyway. Hope that makes sense lol.
 
Well the culprit could be this frayed PCB but do you have any better photos of the extent of this damage? I am interested. :)

I will take one with a better camera later tonight. Basically it's the corner where the blue led is, looks like it was caused by the pci bracket bending in. I don't believe it would be bad enough to cause it to not function, but I can't be 100% sure.


Thanks! :)
 
Well the culprit could be this frayed PCB but do you have any better photos of the extent of this damage? I am interested. :)

Took some good pics of the frayed corner, YHPM :). If anyone else would like them please message me, or I'll try and add them to the auction pics. Thanks! :)
 
add them to this post please

Here's a few that I think show it best.

IMG_1020crop.jpg




IMG_1016.JPG
 
Just a few hours left, hope someone can bid even a little higher. My hard drive started making a random clicky clicky noise lately and I believe I'll need to purchase a new one soon :(.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top