NVIDIA GT300 Yields Are Under 2%?

And I "heard" Mr. K6 was a closet homo. It must be true :rolleyes:
I heard it's true... so it must be.

Where is Kyle's harsh comment on starting rumors when I need it?
Thanks for proving my point :)
Three of you get together and the best response you can come up with is "Yeah!? Well, well... you're gay!"

Honestly, I knew you had to be retarded to be a fan boy, but I didn't think it was this prominent :rolleyes:.

Three of you get together and the best response you can come up with is "Yeah!? Well, well... you're gay!"

Honestly, I knew you had to be retarded to be a fan boy, but I didn't think it was this prominent :rolleyes:.

I don't know why I'm still replying to you, but you obviously missed the point...

He proved my point, because "hearing" something doesn't necessarily make it true. This is common sense, though some people (including yourself), think that "hearing" something is directly translated to the confirmation of a "hate rumor" created by one of the biggest jokes of the "rumor" industry: Charlie.

Hope that clears it for you. I'm not here to offend anyone (although somehow you understood it that way...and I wasn't even the one that said it...) and I also expect no one does it with me.

I don't know why I'm still replying to you, but you obviously missed the point...

He proved my point, because "hearing" something doesn't necessarily make it true. This is common sense, though some people (including yourself), think that "hearing" something is directly translated to the confirmation of a "hate rumor" created by one of the biggest jokes of the "rumor" industry: Charlie.

Hope that clears it for you. I'm not here to offend anyone (although somehow you understood it that way...and I wasn't even the one that said it...) and I also expect no one does it with me.
Except that, I guess in your A) fanatical defense of a video card company or B) inability to understand logic (or maybe a bit of both), you totally missed my point. The point was that there is a rumor going around about NVIDIA having dismal yields on their first GT300 spins. You go on about how Charlie's a NVIDIA-hater and this can't be true, whatever, I didn't read it all. My point was that Kyle, who has a markedly different internet persona, also commented that he had heard these rumors from two other sources. This indicates a rumor within the industry. This brings about an interesting situation that while it hasn't been confirmed (to my knowledge) it also hasn't been denied. The fact that NVIDIA is remaining silent on the whole thing, while AMD is about to release a fantastic series of video cards (according to all current reports anyway), is quite interesting to say the least.

My point was that Kyle, who has a markedly different internet persona, also commented that he had heard these rumors from two other sources. This indicates a rumor within the industry. This brings about an interesting situation that while it hasn't been confirmed (to my knowledge) it also hasn't been denied. The fact that NVIDIA is remaining silent on the whole thing, while AMD is about to release a fantastic series of video cards (according to all current reports anyway), is quite interesting to say the least.

This is what I took away from this thread.

AMD might have the high end market all to themselves for 6-9 months while NV tries to get yields up to the point they can do a proper hard launch.

The other thing is ATI has Xfire support in a whole bunch of s775 mobos out there. There will be a bunch of us with Quads that don't feel the need to go i5/i7 yet spend our upgrade money on some kick ass xfire setups.

I just wish the folded better :(

Check your source. Nvidia will be just fine. This is just Charlie being Charlie as usual.

And you have a better source for leaked NV roadmaps? Any source to refute these roadmaps. I know Charlie has an axe to grind, but he is correct sometimes.

sometimes i wonder if someone at nvidia is intentionally leaking charlie false information just to get all the forum trolls riled up...

They do leak misleading information, but not to stir up trolls. ;)

Cyrilix, you don't think one chip version of GT200 was much quicker than one chip version of G92/G92b ? And please, don't compare it with 9800GX2, it's not normal to compare performace of single chip with two cards SLI'ed and glued together.

Look. A big performance increase is 100% more (double), like the 8800 GTX. GTX 280 is clearly not double 8800 GTX. It's something in the range of 30-70% (varying). Let's say, 50% on average. That's an "average" increase for generation-over-generation, even worse because of the fact that G92 didn't do much, so it's not even a stretch to say 50% increase over TWO generations. Now that.... is small.

My biggest complaint is the fact that, even though Charlie's website has many other "news", mostly AMD ball sucking, but related with other companies too.

Yet only the hate FUD is posted in sistes like these. Why is that ? Is Charlie such a bad source for everything, EXCEPT NVIDIA "rumors" ? That sounds like bias from the ones posting the news to me...otherwise we would be seeing everything that crack head posts on his website and not just NVIDIA hate FUD.

It may be true that a lot of what is posted does not bode well for nVidia, however, I think you're a bit too overzealous in your defense. At least try to be less obvious. ;)

And you have a better source for leaked NV roadmaps? Any source to refute these roadmaps. I know Charlie has an axe to grind, but he is correct sometimes.

Source ? How about the fact that those roadmaps appeared soon after CJ wrote his "speculation" on a thread at beyond3d. And those roadmaps are exactly like CJ's speculation. CJ even pointed out that fact himself, that those "roadmaps" were extremely similar to what he had speculated in the past.

And where has he been correct ? Care to show any links ?

It may be true that a lot of what is posted does not bode well for nVidia, however, I think you're a bit too overzealous in your defense. At least try to be less obvious. ;)

The "obvious" part comes from Charlie himself. That he's an extremely biased person: for AMD and against NVIDIA. Yet his "links" are plastered all over the place (mostly by AMD fanboys), but sometimes they appear on the front news page sites/forums like these.

To which I asked: if the idiot has other "news", why only post about NVIDIA's doom and gloom ? Surely if his NVIDIA doom and gloom "news" are worthy of the front page, why not the others ? If that isn't odd to you, it's pretty damn odd to me...

Except that, I guess in your A) fanatical defense of a video card company or B) inability to understand logic (or maybe a bit of both), you totally missed my point. The point was that there is a rumor going around about NVIDIA having dismal yields on their first GT300 spins. You go on about how Charlie's a NVIDIA-hater and this can't be true, whatever, I didn't read it all. My point was that Kyle, who has a markedly different internet persona, also commented that he had heard these rumors from two other sources. This indicates a rumor within the industry. This brings about an interesting situation that while it hasn't been confirmed (to my knowledge) it also hasn't been denied. The fact that NVIDIA is remaining silent on the whole thing, while AMD is about to release a fantastic series of video cards (according to all current reports anyway), is quite interesting to say the least.

You are a clueless person aren't you ?

I'm not defending a video card company. I'm opposing to a person that gets the "spotlight" when he writes NOTHING but bad news about the SAME company everytime. How in the world that gives him credibility, is beyond me. Obviously fanboys like yourself will try to praise him for whatever he writes: right or wrong, but you know what ? That's not journalism.

As for your second bit, again Kyle "hearing" it doesn't make it true. And neither "it" being a rumor, makes it true. And why does NVIDIA need to say anything about it ? To please you ? Charlie has been making stuff up about NVIDIA; ever since they banned him from their events. Why would they need to feed the troll, by wasting time in coming out and say anything about it ?
I'm sure that if any (reputable) journalist asks them about it, they will reply, but they certainly won't get out of their way to debunk a "rumor" created by the notoriously known for his bias against NVIDIA troll.

You are a clueless person aren't you ?

I'm not defending a video card company. I'm opposing to a person that gets the "spotlight" when he writes NOTHING but bad news about the SAME company everytime. How in the world that gives him credibility, is beyond me. Obviously fanboys like yourself will try to praise him for whatever he writes: right or wrong, but you know what ? That's not journalism.

As for your second bit, again Kyle "hearing" it doesn't make it true. And neither "it" being a rumor, makes it true. And why does NVIDIA need to say anything about it ? To please you ? Charlie has been making stuff up about NVIDIA; ever since they banned him from their events. Why would they need to feed the troll, by wasting time in coming out and say anything about it ?
I'm sure that if any (reputable) journalist asks them about it, they will reply, but they certainly won't get out of their way to debunk a "rumor" created by the notoriously known for his bias against NVIDIA troll.
lol @ this post. I'm "clueless" for stating that this bit of information from multiple sources is interesting, but you crying on and on about mean ol' Charlie hating on NVIDIA for post after post, when it isn't even pertinent to my point, means you're right on the money? :rolleyes:. You're either a raging fanboy who can't see through the tears long enough to make a bit of sense or so mind-numbingly dumb I'm amazed you can feed yourself; which is it? Go take a time out and stop focusing on Charlie. For the last time, Charlie doesn't have anything to do with my points.

Simple fact is that there's this rumor going around, which has been mentioned by a couple of sources, regarding NVIDIA's dismal GT300 yields. It could be true, it could be an exaggeration, it could not even be close. The point is NVIDIA has said nothing to hype itself or say "hey guys, hold out for us, we have great chips on the way" while we're all on the verge of the launch of a (seemingly) impressive AMD series. That makes the situation interesting: nothing more, nothing less.

No, but Kyle "hearing" it doesn't make it true, since if the source is bad, the info is bad...

As for no one hearing contradictory info to these so called "bad" news, is anyone else besides Charlie, reporting "these" bad news, as "news" as you seem to be saying ? Links ?

Come on, no Nvidia engineer is going to go on the record and tell a news outlet that we have bad news and buy the competitors product until we get our sh?t together. Charlie will report any rumor he hears, that is the nature of FUD. Kyle and others just doesn't have enough to "report" and his standards are much higher then Charlie's.

True that this is not the record for worst 1st silicon run on succesful products, but if it is looking this bad, they are at least 1-2 quarters away from a product launch. I am not saying that GT300 will be a failure, but that Nvidia maybe in a world of hurt for a few quarters.

Making the GT300 is so much diferent than making the ATI 5000 series you can't even begin to compare them. I think Nvidia made the GT300 so complex that yields will simply suck for the forseeable future.

I have a bunch of ATI cards in my filing cabinet that all still work, even going back to the Mach 64 series. I have never had an ATI card die on me in 25 years.

However, I have a 7950gt dead, 2x 8800gts dead, 2 9800gt's dead.

If nvidia tanks for a year I think I can live with that. I still see no possible way TSMC can make the GT300 in any reasonable quantity anytime soon. It's as complex as Larrabee which Intel has been struggling with for years. it's no surprise the yields are abysimal. Nvidia probably had to cut some corners to make the thing even work on paper. I hope they do make it work. but in 2h 2010 to give ATI some much needed traction.

Back