NVIDIA Giving Away $200K Worth of Dead by Daylight Codes

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA announced today the latest give away to GeForce Experience gamers. To kick off October we will be giving away $200,000 worth of codes for the indie hit Dead by Daylight at random to registered gamers of GeForce Experience 3.0. Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer horror game in which one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid an unsavory demise. Dead by Daylight is also part of NVIDIA’s Indie Spotlight Program. Introduced in August, The NVIDIA Indie Spotlight Program is designed to extend our support of small and independent game developers to include NVIDIA’s marketing outlets. We have the world’s largest PC gaming community and will use it to get the word out about the best indie games.

I think this game is the perfect example as to why developers shouldn't listen to the players. The balance has been pretty fucked up for a long time due to player demands, especially from those who only play killer.

I think this game is the perfect example as to why developers shouldn't listen to the players. The balance has been pretty fucked up for a long time due to player demands, especially from those who only play killer.
Hopefully they continue to mess it up.... this game steals my Rocket League teammates from time to time... :)

Why are they bribing their customers with a free game for their personal information? I guess they know their customers best. I still remember when their forums got hacked a few years ago and they didn't say a word for awhile. I didn't appreciate that in the slightest. Hopefully they will protect their customer's information better now that they have locked ShadowPlay behind a registration wall. I have visions of the pedo van with free game on the side. :)

Why are they bribing their customers with a free game for their personal information? I guess they know their customers best. I still remember when their forums got hacked a few years ago and they didn't say a word for awhile. I didn't appreciate that in the slightest. Hopefully they will protect their customer's information better now that they have locked ShadowPlay behind a registration wall. I have visions of the pedo van with free game on the side. :)

Nowadays, seems like every company and their grandparent is getting in on the "data mining" fad. I get requests all the time now from a ton of websites and email; on my smartphone as well as my computer/laptop.

How so? Personally I haven't played the game, but watch Achievement Hunters play it a good amount and it always seems pretty balanced to me. Some times the killer kicks everyone's ass, other times the survivors win. Sure when people are first starting off it takes them awhile, but at least watching that group play since they are familiar with the game they seem to all do well. It is their random guest every now and then that have never played the game that have issues trying to learn at first, but that is normal.

Nowadays, seems like every company and their grandparent is getting in on the "data mining" fad. I get requests all the time now from a ton of websites and email; on my smartphone as well as my computer/laptop.

Agreed. I'm going to get off the free email train soon I think. Pretty much doing all I can to block that garbage. Sad that you have to turn almost everything off when installing win 10.

It's completely screwed how they require a login and online access now if all you want to do is use Shadowplay.

Never mind the apparent mess that the rest of the software is...

Found a guide on how to stay 2.x and I have it blocked in.

can you play the game without having GFEe installed ? hate how all this bloat crap are getting into drivers packages

I updated to GFE 3.0 and I must say, unless you stream, I don't like it much. I hate gettings prompted to stream every time I launch a game. Also yeah having to "log into" the program seems stupid.

At this rate I think I'm going to look into rolling back to GFE 2.0.

I updated to GFE 3.0 and I must say, unless you stream, I don't like it much. I hate gettings prompted to stream every time I launch a game. Also yeah having to "log into" the program seems stupid.

At this rate I think I'm going to look into rolling back to GFE 2.0.

You can turn off that notification.

Geforce Experience 3.0 sucks camel dicks. why does everything need a log in now days?!!!

I'll be installing my drivers the old fashioned way from now on I suppose.

I simply went back to v2.11, seems less intrusive. No chance at a free game for me, I guess... Anyone actually get a free game yet?

On a practical level I don't see the difference personally.

There is no actual enforcement on what e-mail is used for your account, nor any other information requirements. It's not I'd use my actual personal or work e-mails for web forum sign ups either.

You can do unique user tracking/data mining without any user account linkage as well. Google can do this and you don't even need to install anything of theirs on your computer to identify yourself.

On a practical level I don't see the difference personally.

There is no actual enforcement on what e-mail is used for your account, nor any other information requirements. It's not I'd use my actual personal or work e-mails for web forum sign ups either.

Well they're not simply asking for an email address, they're asking for your nVidia credentials, so you have to register at the geforce site, they send a confirmation email that you have to click on, etc. It's a pain.

I had GE 3.0, it would override your settings at almost every update. I took it off my desktop. It was still on the HTPC just to see what it recommended for that card, but I pretty much ignore it.

Back