NVIDIA Gives Credit To Developer For Using Code In Ansel

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though there has been a friendly resolution to the situation where NVIDIA was accused of using a modder's assets in Ansel. The mod author spoke to the lead developer of Ansel and the situation has been rectified. Here's a post from the Marty McFly Modding Facebook page:

Update and conclusion on the Ansel thing: I talked with some guys from Nvidia and especially the lead developer of Ansel, it's all sorted out. It was a result of some testing, basically leftover code; the next Ansel update will have some code removed and me credited, so it's all fine now. I have seen that someone posted this on reddit, probably in an attempt to start a sh*tstorm or something, don't do that. It's not a big thing really and Ansel is no commercial product so case closed then.

Funny thing is the modders stuff wasn't Nvidia specific. So who's stuff is better?

This guy oddly took it very well. I wouldn't be surprised if nVidia BS'd this guy with their excuse.

A credit is better than nothing I suppose.

This is a complete non-story originating from the PC Master Race rage circus. The dev himself even admits it's a faux controversy that some people attempted to turn into an Nvida hate train. If that's not enough, the person who tried to flog this non-story into the mainstream deleted his Reddit account soon after the dev replied.

Reddit makes people dumb, and is bad for gamers.

Back