nVidia Gigabit ethernet problem

Budzman

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a DFI LanParty UT nf4 SLI-DR mobo and started using the nVidia Gigabit ethernet with my DSL that goes through my Netgear router.

The problem I have is that I lag out in games for no apparent reason. It will be working perfectly fine browsing the internet and playing online games and then suddenly I will get hit with massive packet loss. The only way for me to fix the lag is to relog.

I tried transfering some music files from my 2nd computer to mine when about at the end of the file transfer my 2nd computer just started acting all slow and the transfer was just taking forever to complete.

I switched over to the Marvell ethernet card and well I do not get any of the issues that I get with the nVidia ethernet.

I do not have any of these problems on the other 3 computers at my house that are on the same network.

Any ideas on this problem with the nVidia? Could it be a driver issue or is it just borked. I may just RMA the board for another from where I bought it but I would rather try to fix the problem.

Does that board have the built in hardware firewall? Might want to check that out in the bios or what not. Sorry if this doesnt help. :confused:

I never installed the software for that on my install, dont see anything in the bios.

Back