Nvidia GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 398.98 Is out Now

Still no fix for DX12 funkyness in The Division?

Talking about the blocky red & green that appears upper/top screen that happens at times? The other issue is using nVidia's shadows can cause TDR after closing the game. Used to never have that issue and every driver I check. But, at least, the crash is fixable with other shadow configurations and the blocky anomaly doesn't happen often for me.

Talking about the blocky red & green that appears upper/top screen that happens at times? The other issue is using nVidia's shadows can cause TDR after closing the game. Used to never have that issue and every driver I check. But, at least, the crash is fixable with other shadow configurations and the blocky anomaly doesn't happen often for me.

Yep... and not only that but after playing in DX12 mode for around 30 minutes to an hour or so, the game starts having really bad pauses/hitching that lasts for a couples seconds each time it does it... and it starts doing it quite often.

I looked up the weird green crap at the top and it looks like it has been happening since at least January of 2017.

Yep... and not only that but after playing in DX12 mode for around 30 minutes to an hour or so, the game starts having really bad pauses/hitching that lasts for a couples seconds each time it does it... and it starts doing it quite often.

That might be streaming settings and the storage ability to stream, or networking, or even a possibility of low RAM on system (e.g. 8GB and lower). If not, then most likely storage performance or networking with streaming for I do not have that. Give this a try too, change the vsync setting in nVidia control panel to "fast." Then change vsync in game setting from auto to "off."

That might be streaming settings and the storage ability to stream, or networking, or even a possibility of low RAM on system (e.g. 8GB and lower). If not, then most likely storage performance or networking with streaming for I do not have that. Give this a try too, change the vsync setting in nVidia control panel to "fast." Then change vsync in game setting from auto to "off."

Nope... See sig rig. And I am not streaming. And I know another person that also uses an nVidia card.. although a lower model that is having the same exact hitching/pausing issues.
After I switched to DX11 from 12, all weird issues went away including this one. The other person, who I am pretty sure has it still set to DX12 was still experiencing the weird hitching/pausing.

And it NEVER did this when I had my R9-390 installed. Nothing else in the system changed except for the video card.

I'll try the vsync thing.. but it is already turned off in game and the nVidia control panel was set to application controlled.

One good thing about this driver set.. for me at least is that Crysis now works. With 398.82 it would CTD when trying to load.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/g...clancys-the-division-extra-streaming-distance The game streams textures as you move through in game, and is related to object details.

You should be more than fine...with my 6700K , 16GB RAM, 1070, installed on a WD Blue SSD, and Zowie XL I get a smooth 90 FPS. https://imgur.com/a/Av8AVR2.

Ok, gotcha. Thing is, it only does it in DX12 mode. I guess I could try putting the game directly on an SSD instead of my current setup which is a 256GB Samsung that is caching a 2TB HGST HDD.
The real problem with DX12 and these drivers is that the green flashing blobs/blocks that appear all the time at the top of the screen. Would that be related to streaming as well?

And if so, why doesn't the game do the same thing in DX11 mode? Seems like a really bad bug in the drivers to me.

Back