NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 375.86 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA send word that the brand new GeForce Game Ready 375.86 WHQL drivers are out now. According to the release notes, these drivers provide an optimal experience for updates coming to Battlefield 1, Civilization VI and Tom Clancy's The Division. Hit the link above for the new drivers and this link for release notes.

I sure hope this helps address those irritating "DXGI Error: Device Hung" messages my cousin keeps getting every 20 minutes or so when we play.

Some more information for people to ingest when deciding whether to upgrade to new drivers.

Remember, people who don't have any problems usually don't say anything.

Wow, even Maxwell has issues?

Hopefully it's only on Win10....

I might give these a try later. Why not

That be AMD devs out on work experience.
I'm sticking with 373.06

.86 is running well from the games I've tried. Those last drivers were weird. Low brightness and low FPS on all games tried. Whatever the problem was, seems nVidiA fixed some of them.

Memory capping at 810 MHz on cards using Micron memory? Maybe those cards need a BIOS update?

From the posts. It happens on all kinds. Samsung, Micron, GDDR5, GDDR5X.

Not an issue for me tho.
37586.png

On a small note the issue may be related to 3rd party tools. In short its stuck at 2D clocks for those.

My SLI GTX 1080s are working fine with this driver. However, my text is flashing in BF1 for some reason....only the text on the menu screens....

**EDIT: My performance in game is noticeably better. No text flicker at all in game. Only the loading screens and menus.

Last edited:
So far so good with these drivers. Although Overwatch crashes to desktop when I quit the game. Honestly that's not that big a deal since I'm exiting the program anyway.

Does not detect my GTX 980 SC in SLI and refuses to install. This is a bad driver.

Yes I discovered after going back to 375.76 that the SLI flickering bug is due to the BF1 patch, so DICE broke it. Totally sucks that I can't use SLI in BF1 now....

So Nvidia still hasn't fixed what they broke for folding@home.

Nvidia is really dropping the ball on their drivers these days.

So Nvidia still hasn't fixed what they broke for folding@home.

Nvidia is really dropping the ball on their drivers these days.

Yeah G-Sync issues galore, hitting apply on any changes sits there for about 30 seconds, odd performance drops between different games

I uninstalled Geforce experience in hopes of alleviating a few of these super massive annoyances.

They need to change their graphics settings interface, it's pretty much identical to what it was in early 2000's, horrible to navigate and the same setting is on multiple menus eg. G-Sync

I'll be skipping this driver...too many horror stories about huge performance drops in games and graphics glitches

I was hoping to try out the Call of Dooty: Infinitesimal Warplop SLI fix. but alas I will wait until the next release.

Of course, I started getting heavily into The Witcher 3, and these drivers have gone and made performance terrible on my 1080. Time to revert back to older drivers.

How does this crap make it to WHQL phase in the first place?

WHQL insures the drivers work in general (i.e., won't crash your system entirely). They don't ensure that the drivers perform better than the last versions or that they don't have odd performance bugs.

They have released a Hotfix driver but, of course it doesn't fix all the issues... BF1 still partially busted.

Hmm ya not going to touch these drivers. Looks like Nvidia dropped the ball on these ones for sure.

Did anyone checked if the new telemetry crap is there?

Did anyone checked if the new telemetry crap is there?

1. Extract the installer with 7zip, WinZip, or whatever.
2. If there is a folder with the word "Telemetry", delete it. Edit: the Update.Core folder also needs to be deleted (thanks to Nenu for finding this out later in this thread).
3. Run setup.

Last edited:
Back