NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 358.87 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a GeForce owner and plan on playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III, you might want to head over to the NVIDIA website and grab the new Game Ready 358.87 WHQL drivers.

The new GeForce Game Ready 358.87 WHQL drivers for Call of Duty: Black Ops III are now available to download from GeForce Experience and GeForce.com. With Game Ready optimizations for Treyarch's highly-anticipated fast-paced first-person shooter, our new drivers will give you the best possible experience when battling foes and capturing gameplay footage with GeForce Experience and ShadowPlay.

Is this finally the update where you have to download the stupid geforce experience to update. wtf nvidia.

Is this finally the update where you have to download the stupid geforce experience to update. wtf nvidia.

Get over it.

You can always use the Windows Update provided drivers if you want.

Get over it.

You can always use the Windows Update provided drivers if you want.

How about no? I can't stand GeForce Experience or being forced to use it. The whole fucking thing is unnecessary.

Agreedia! I've had mucho problems with GFE, not their drivers per-se but the GFE software sucks. And to force you into this for GRDs? Very Apple'ish move.

So, these drivers will not contain any enhancements beyond the game mentioned correct? Nvidia is doing those quarterly?

/swingingpocketwatch

You want GFE, you want GFE, you want GFE.

You like GFE, you like GFE, you like GFE.

You do not want complete control of your own system, you do not want complete control of your own system, you do not want complete control of your own system.

Nvidia knows best, nvidia knows best, nvidia knows best.

At the snap of my fingers you will wake up and go argue GFE is the best.

/snap

Um, the driver is available as a standalone download at the usual webpage.

Looks like the usual troll has shown up though :eek:

Anyone know when the game ready driver releases are switching over to GFE only?

Um, the driver is available as a standalone download at the usual webpage.

Looks like the usual troll has shown up though :eek:

I'm running windows 10 and I don't see those drivers anywhere. The windows 7 and 8 drivers weren't there this morning. How is that trollish?

GeForce experience wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt so god damned slow. It's slower than the original AMD CCC app lol

I'm looking at task manager and geforce experienceservice is using 2.2mb.. meanwhile google chrome is eating 75mbs for this tab alone.

You can disable automatic updates in the preferences as well as disable game optimization options.. not sure what the fuss is all about.

And I had no idea I could control the leds of my gfx cards, can even make them pulse at the sound of music, pretty neat.

Vote with your wallet and buy AMD then, problem solved.

Yeah because thats a solution lol.
I'm not using AMD cos the drivers caused me too many problems.
That forced me to sell my last AMD card.

I will be miffed if NVidia force us to use GFE to get driver updates. Not going to happen here.
Other sources for them will spring up, I'll grab them that way.

Unfortunately December.

Sadly this. I'm going to have to consider AMD for my next purchase. I've avoided hardware in the past for requiring bloatware running 24/7 and this is no different. Just another layer of junk which makes gaming more difficult than it should be.

Sadly this. I'm going to have to consider AMD for my next purchase. I've avoided hardware in the past for requiring bloatware running 24/7 and this is no different. Just another layer of junk which makes gaming more difficult than it should be.

GFE consumes 2MB memory and 0% CPU after monitoring it with perfmon for a couple hours, not sure that's bloatware but I can understand people want the option to just manually download drivers. Certainly not condoning any action that Nvidia is rumored to be taking with "forced GFE", though not going to overreact to rumor before anything's actually happened. Do let me know when you're ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater and sell your Nvidia card, my HTPC needs an upgrade.

Meantime, people are being silly if they really think that GFE will be the only way to get day one drivers easily. At worst there will be sites dedicated to redistribution.

GFE consumes 2MB memory and 0% CPU after monitoring it with perfmon for a couple hours, not sure that's bloatware but I can understand people want the option to just manually download drivers. Certainly not condoning any action that Nvidia is rumored to be taking with "forced GFE", though not going to overreact to rumor before anything's actually happened. Do let me know when you're ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater and sell your Nvidia card, my HTPC needs an upgrade.

Meantime, people are being silly if they really think that GFE will be the only way to get day one drivers easily. At worst there will be sites dedicated to redistribution.

GTX 970, priced to sell at $500. :D

System resources aren't the only thing to worry about. Fucking with graphic settings, overlays, auto downloads, pop ups, more social media crap, accounts and whatnot are the major concern. If you're too inept to manually adjust graphic settings and must rely on something to guesstimate ( aka "optimize", which never knows the right balance between quality and FPS) then shoot your PC because you're too dumb to use a computer. And sadly some of these are already hallmarks of GFE.

I'm going to imagine the installers aren't the same and it won't be a matter of downloading from GFE and then uploading to a website.

I love GFE. I've used it since they released it. It's a heavenly piece of software.

Apparently you are eligible for prizes from NVIDIA if you just use GFE to download the drivers.

To counter all the "hate" over GFE:

I like GFE and I love Shadowplay.

I'm a bit ignorant on this because I never bothered to use GeForce Experience. I only installed it once and saw it as basically fluff, and never installed it on subsequent driver updates. Why will it be important to NVIDIA to mandate GFE to install their drivers?

To counter the counter:

I'm mildly ambivilent about GFE (it's unnecessary) but whatever.

Shadowplay is outright buggy and has the propensity to make actually using it while playing games in multiplayer impossible. (Just use OBE...)

And the requirement to actually register and log in to obtain driver updates through GFE is my only gripe about the whole deal (unless they actually relented on this stupid point by now). Otherwise, I have no issues running it in order to pull my drivers (which I already do, sans login).

To counter the counter:

I'm mildly ambivilent about GFE (it's unnecessary) but whatever.

Shadowplay is outright buggy and has the propensity to make actually using it while playing games in multiplayer impossible. (Just use OBE...)

And the requirement to actually register and log in to obtain driver updates through GFE is my only gripe about the whole deal (unless they actually relented on this stupid point by now). Otherwise, I have no issues running it in order to pull my drivers (which I already do, sans login).

Shadowplay works perfectly and has much lower overhead than OBS (which is buggy).

Agreed. But honestly I made peace with it. I will simply go about my business as usual. If a game I preorder or buy doesn't fall on the quarterly released driver and I have issues, I will simply return it for a refund since drivers are NOT officially available to me. If enough of first week AAA game sales get lots of returns and lose money because of driver unavailability due to the idiotic policy nvidia has, we can get their "partners" to fix it for us.

I use GFE for it's Gamestream feature. Got a few couch coop games, that I can play with a friend of mine online (mostly Revelations 2). It's a bit buggy, but it works 60% of the time every time!

Shadowplay works perfectly and has much lower overhead than OBS (which is buggy).

It does not work perfectly as I can attest to (trying to run multiple windowed clients on multiple monitors causes it to throw up blood, and I'm not talking performance reasons). That and its settings are not exactly intuitive either.

OBS is by no means perfect, but is a lot more capable and won't force you to reboot in edge cases. Even the multiplatform version of OBS worked better than shadowplay did.

It does not work perfectly as I can attest to (trying to run multiple windowed clients on multiple monitors causes it to throw up blood, and I'm not talking performance reasons). That and its settings are not exactly intuitive either.

OBS is by no means perfect, but is a lot more capable and won't force you to reboot in edge cases. Even the multiplatform version of OBS worked better than shadowplay did.

Why would you stream with multiple D3D windows open? If you mean regular windows, that's not true because I use two displays with multiple browser windows + applications open with Shadowplay active and have zero issues. And not intuitive? Is Alt-F8 too difficult for you? Or Alt+Z to access the settings? Come on now. :rolleyes:

Not gonna lie, Shadowplay was a godsend when I first discovered it with a 680. Recording straight to compressed MP4 in realtime with no massive intermediary raw video file I'd have to compress later, and no impact on CPU or GPU performance.. I was hooked.

Yeah because thats a solution lol.
I'm not using AMD cos the drivers caused me too many problems.
That forced me to sell my last AMD card.

I will be miffed if NVidia force us to use GFE to get driver updates. Not going to happen here.
Other sources for them will spring up, I'll grab them that way.

It's the ONLY solution if people just want to bitch, rather than do something about it.

It's the ONLY solution if people just want to bitch, rather than do something about it.

If they arent going to do anything about it, they wont change their card either dur.

Back