NVIDIA GeForce 359.00 WHQL Game Ready Driver For Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Can you give concrete examples?

Because in War Thunder...gameworks is like night and day:
https://youtu.be/i135o2djHdY?t=94

Fallout 4, Assassins Creed, Batman Arkham, Witcher 3. Aside from particle and physics effects I rarely see a point in using those ridiculous AO, AA and shadow techniques that have more than double the performance impact of the standard options.

Except for the rendering most of the stuff in that video has been seen in games from the early 2000's, none of that is particularly impressive.

Because IMO the effect is nowhere near worth the performance penalty. Now that they have the sliders in the witcher 3 it is somewhat better but I honestly do not see Geralts hair being rendered with so much power that can be used on the environment. Use that processing power to render more grass and leaves in the trees. I love myself some fancy graphics effects but do not need fabio hair on my characters lol Now the creatures that use it are alot more interesting IMO, Course no toggling off geralt with them still enabled.
Batman Arkham Night- Might be shot, trolled and rolled for this but Gameworks in Arkham Night actually uses my dedicated phyx card better than any other game. I was not expecting that to be the case but the game plays great with all effects enabled for me. Couple of hitches in the bat mobile or flying across the city but I think that is more to due with vram consumption. Flame suit on

Love these drivers and seeing the voltage downclock with my ASUS swift at 144hz using 2x Titan X :)

Fallout 4, Assassins Creed, Batman Arkham, Witcher 3. Aside from particle and physics effects I rarely see a point in using those ridiculous AO, AA and shadow techniques that have more than double the performance impact of the standard options.

Except for the rendering most of the stuff in that video has been seen in games from the early 2000's, none of that is particularly impressive.

Naming a game is not concrete...point to a particular effect in a game...then we can talk.

Because IMO the effect is nowhere near worth the performance penalty. Now that they have the sliders in the witcher 3 it is somewhat better but I honestly do not see Geralts hair being rendered with so much power that can be used on the environment. Use that processing power to render more grass and leaves in the trees. I love myself some fancy graphics effects but do not need fabio hair on my characters lol Now the creatures that use it are alot more interesting IMO, Course no toggling off geralt with them still enabled.
Batman Arkham Night- Might be shot, trolled and rolled for this but Gameworks in Arkham Night actually uses my dedicated phyx card better than any other game. I was not expecting that to be the case but the game plays great with all effects enabled for me. Couple of hitches in the bat mobile or flying across the city but I think that is more to due with vram consumption. Flame suit on

I have a different opinion...after having enjoyed physically rendered hair, I cannot stand games with LEGO-hair.

Think he wants screenshots and videos.

btw AO hurts both nV and AMD cards about the same, HBAO+ was one of the first gameworks libs available and it is very well optimized for both vendors. Without AO you won't have global illumination and it makes a big difference in games, well anything that is in 3D.

Shadow options, are interesting, yeah some games like darker games they don't make a difference, or a game that is very fast paced, but you should be able to reduce the sample amounts for the shadows, if I'm not mistake.

I feel like shadows on High looks just as good. As far as AO, I think SSAO tends to get the job done when available and doesn't hurt performance all that much compared to the Nvidia variety. And then we have those ridiculous AA settings...

Last edited:

You made statements so vague I don't know what you are talking about, if you could point to eg. GAMENAME has this EFFECT it would be possible to examine your claim and see if there is a technical merit for your argument...or it's simply ignorance.

Back