Nvidia FrameView

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Auer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Auer

Auer Gawd

"Introducing FrameView, An In-Game Performance and GPU Monitoring Tool

Alongside our SUPER GPUs, we’re launching FrameView, an application for measuring framerates, frame times, power, and performance-per-watt on a wide range of graphics cards.
    Detailed metrics are presented in real-time with a configurable overlay, and reported to a log file for convenient analysis, leveraging PresentMon for analytics.
    FrameView works with all major graphics APIs and UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps. Plus, it enables real-time power measurement through APIs, recording chip and board power without the need for special physical equipment, all while also capturing detailed performance information.
    For further information, and the app itself, come back to GeForce.com on July 9th."

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-frameview-gpu-analysis-utility

2. spine

spine 2[H]4U

I love it when nvidia stirs shit like this. :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of when Crossfire started looking good and they gave out the FCAT thing to reviews sites... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  3. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

They only did that because the 7970 GCN 1.0's brand-new memory controller driver was completely broken, and was introducing higher latency spikes than any previous generation, even in single-card mode.

https://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times/

FCAT has only stuck around since to keep BOTH teams honest, and to see how much more input lag you get going SLI/CFX.

You can't pretend that just because Nvidia was the one doing the Finger Pojnting here that it wasn't good for the industry as a whole. Consistent gaming performance get a whole lot harder with every generation., so a tool like this is good for both internal testing before release, and external testing after.

4. spine

spine 2[H]4U

I never suggested that, I believe I said I loved it infact!

5. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

So why the Rolleyes?? If you're happy, you're not really showing it by clapping your hands!

You seem pretty confused to me.

6. spine

spine 2[H]4U

:rolleyes:

7. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

No I agree with him, the original roll eyes and rofl makes the “love it” post come off as sarcastic unfortunately. But oh well, that’s the fun of the internet.

But yeah, tools like these are good for everyone really.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  8. spine

spine 2[H]4U

eye_roll_huge.gif

IdiotInCharge likes this.