NVIDIA Fesses Up to Game Ready Drivers Borking 1060 Owners

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Back on April 25th, we pointed out that many GTX 1060 owners were having severe issues with their systems when installing the v397.31 drivers. About a week later, NVIDIA has finally responded to its users, verifying that the issues do in fact exist. As reported last week, GTX 1060 owners should stay away from those drivers and not update beyond v391.35 currently.

We will be releasing a new driver very soon with a fix for this. I understand how inconvenient it is. For now, if you hit this issue, do the following: a) In the device manager, disable and then re-enable your GPU. This will reload the driver. or b) Revert back to driver 391.35 until our new driver is released with a fix.

UPDATE:

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 397.55 - After driver installation, Device Manager may report Code 43 error on a few GTX 1060 cards models.

Last edited:
keep-calm-and-lets-get-back-to-the-topic.png

This isn't just 1060s. My 1080 ti is experiencing issues too. Had installed the new driver and all of a sudden games would stop loading and GeForce experience told me a new driver was available. It was the same driver that was already installed....

still run my GTX 1060 6 gig gigabyte card with 388.71 drivers in win 10 pro .. no issues to report even in FC 5 ..so some times the latest drivers are not the best ones for your GPU ..get your drivers from your card makers site

[384.76] seemed to work better for me
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD-rev-10-11#support-dl

for all my games (no GF exp installed ) for all my other games

they already admitted the screwed up the FARCRY 5 game ready drivers here

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...playable-driver-crashes/post/5325694/#5325694

then the next driver = screwed up ..GET IT RIGHT ALREADY Nvidia your looking like the old ATI drivers (pre = AMD ) ..does Nvidia need OMEGA Drivers packages to get it right ?

Last edited:
still run my GTX 1060 6 gig gigabyte card with 388.71 drivers in win 10 pro .. no issues to report even in FC 5 ..so some times the latest drivers are not the best ones for your GPU ..get your drivers from your card makers site

[384.76] seemed to work better for me
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD-rev-10-11#support-dl

for all my games (no GF exp installed ) for all my other games

they already admitted the screwed up the FARCRY 5 game ready drivers here

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...playable-driver-crashes/post/5325694/#5325694

then the next driver = screwed up ..GET IT RIGHT ALREADY Nvidia your looking like the old ATI drivers (pre = AMD ) ..does Nvidia need OMEGA Drivers packages to get it right ?

I only really like BattleTech, and these drivers are for them

Sure my current driver works, but I also wanted to see if it makes a difference

For instance when particle effects like smoke and dust are a lot onscreen, because the camera zooms in , performance just plummets

Some users on BT forum said new driver=better load times
Unlikely, but I wanted to try

Not that I was able to with my 1060

To be honest quality has been lacking for a while now

The game ready driver for FC5 made FC5 crash sometimes
One might wonder how that slipped by, was only on 10 series cards :rolleyes:

No, in case you didn't know sarcasm doesn't translate well when you don't seem to be acting sarcastic and this is a forum where people make ignorant ass statements like that all the time. Next time add a /s at the end if you're just "joking"...or got called out.

Jesus man...does LOL and and happy face not translate to a freaking joke to you? Don't blame your need to overreact to simple words on the internet on others but yourself man. Maybe you should of used the money from your last three overpriced nvidia cards to buy yourself a sense of humor instead (Joking, not sarcasm).

Back on topic, I'm glad Nvidia acknowledged the fix. It really sucks for the people who had issues. But were cards actually f'ed up, or was it just a reboot cycle?

Make good jokes first. My sense of humor is fine, you're not funny.

Sigh, you remind me of that great quote on the internet "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid. "

I'm done, staying back on topic as requested by Kyle.

tell that to my dead 8800GT and GTX 260.. :p

Lol I actually have had more dead Nvidia cards over ATI/AMD myself, but I've also bought about 10 times more Nvidia cards. But at least you can joke, unlike some people :). Far as I'm concerned anyone who fan boys over a certain brand pretty much turns a major blind eye to the shitty days. I'm an Intel guy since 1992, but the few AMD chips I had when they were great, were amazing also. And I would switch back in a heart beat.

Oh yeah, insult me cause you tell shitty "jokes"...I also love how since getting called out you're all trying to be on topic and trying to add to the discussion since you so clearly cared to do that the first time around. Come in drop an insult on AMD's drivers when they've tried hard to get their shit together and then insult members because they're tired of hearing that shit. Anyways...

Hey, at least it was just a driver error from Nvidia and not them already borking the 1060's performance before the next generation comes out! /s

You realize Kyle asked us to stay on topic after my post right? It wasn't until your need to completely not pay attention to what he said did I respond to my post. It was a post made after another sarcastic post..what in your freaking thick skull doesn't register that it's a sarcastic quip made after another person sarcastic quip...and it's even freaking outlined before and after with a LOL and a smiley face. It's not a post made completely out of the blue...it even freaking QUOTES the sarcastic remark before it. It doesn't get more obvious that it's a sarcastic remark.

I didn't even mention AMD in the initial post. You really need to take your obvious issues and perception of what you find negative about this forum and stop projecting them on others as the cause. It's obvious you have something eating at you and you are blaming others. Once again..take it easy..it's video cards, and computer parts....give it 7 months and it will be out of date, out of style, and meaningless :) You really don't need to be the Defender that AMD people didn't ask for also...most of them don't give a shit and are playing games, just like most happy Nvidia people are playing games and not making stupid fan boy post.

I just checked my drivers on my 1060... 388.59. lol. Games still work so why bother updating? Never notice any differences when updating drivers anyway as it seems that every single driver update is just for tomb raider. That's the game I always see on the driver description and I don't play that shit.

I had trouble with these on my Titan X. They worked fine for one day then every game I had when loading would pop a UI with a message that it couldn't communicate with the graphics card properly. When I rolled back to the previous version problem went away. So now I'm waiting on a different version before updating.

In addition to this, Nvidia needs to quit with the AppInit_DLLs injections for their Optimus tech. They are wrecking my life at work with this crap. It's an old, unsupported method that needs to die.

980 ti and i am getting ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT crash in gta v with this driver it is trash

Back