NVidia DVD Decoder doesn't work at all?

finalgt

Supreme [H]ardness
I was happy to find out that NVidia finally put up the ability to have a trial of their DVD decoder software, since I had heard people complaining that it doesn't actually display video in WMP. So I just installed it, and...it doesn't display video in WMP.

Is there something special I have to do, or is the NVidia DVD Decoder just borked when it comes to WMP 10?

Hmm, thanks. I was hoping to use the NVidia one, since it's supposed to look good with GeForce 6 series cards...but oh well. Apparently it would be a waste of $20 if I attempted to buy it.

Mmmkay...I tried that codec pack and it didn't say anything about installing DVD decoding support, which is good, because DVDs still don't play in WMP 10. :confused:

Does anybody know any way whatsoever to play DVDs in WMP 10?

I installed the nVidia decoder and now I can play DVDs in WMP10... but the picture is completely corrupted and Media Player cores after about 30 seconds. Does the same thing if I try with NVDVD. I have a GeForce 6800 GT... Funny thing, the NVDVD comes with the vid card, and doesn't even work right. :p

Cyberlink PowerDVD, however, works perfectly, so I just use that.

Yeah... you need the nvidia drivers which support PureVideo. Use the BETA 67.66s, they work perfectly.

I believe that I've used almost every player out there, and I was surprised to discover that the best one yet is in Nero 6 Ultra Edition. If you have an earlier Nero, and need nicer DVD playback, it's worth the money for the upgrade.

I'm pretty sure that you can try it awhile for free.

Back