• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NVIDIA Drivers Remove GPU Overclocking From Laptops With Maxwell Based GPUs?

:D I'd think any side of the GPU would be a bit too warm and uncomfortable. Don't get me started on sleeping underneath it... :eek:

Could you even fit someone under it? That'd kinda shove them into the PCI-E slot between it and the card. Ouch! :eek:
 
Could you even fit someone under it? That'd kinda shove them into the PCI-E slot between it and the card. Ouch! :eek:

I meant under the GPU (chip) itself. You have to kind of curl yourself around the balls of solder. I always wake up with a sore neck and back when I do this.
 
I meant under the GPU (chip) itself. You have to kind of curl yourself around the balls of solder. I always wake up with a sore neck and back when I do this.

Oh, sorry about the mistake! Then again, I make it a point to never sleep around the balls. That's usually turns into a sticky situation.
 
Prema from Tech|Inferno Forums has just discovered that Nvidia has begun shipping new GTX 9xxM cards with a vBIOS that completely blocks core overclocking.

It looks as though overclocking will soon be a thing from the past regardless of the driver used.

xOMrksn.jpg


http://forum.techinferno.com/genera...t-overclocking-mobile-gpus-12.html#post124474

First overclocking is taken away from us, then we are told we are getting it back. Now we discover it's being taken away permanently, even when using overclockable drivers.

#WTFnvidia!

Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-re-...geforce-equipped-notebooks?recruiter=20925400
 
Sweet, sweet mobile user's tears.

Please let's not turn this into desktop gamers vs. laptop gamers. Just wait until Nvidia starts to lock down their desktop GPUs as well. :eek:

This sets a horrible precedent.
 
Please let's not turn this into desktop gamers vs. laptop gamers. Just wait until Nvidia starts to lock down their desktop GPUs as well. :eek:

This sets a horrible precedent.

Not happening. Nvidia know what side the bread is buttered on.
 
Back
Top