Nvidia drivers 344.91 frustrating

Vatican

Weaksauce
Windows automatically updated my gtx 970 to these yesterday so I uninstalled them and re-installed my 344.75, turned off the auto update feature from control panel. This morning, I was playing some games and they get cut off in fullscreen at the edges so I didn't know what was wrong...checked my drivers and it's back to 344.91 AGAIN.

Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know why these drivers are even released, they're horrible and cut off the edges of your screen in full screen mode (Like your able to see your task bar still) during game play.

You have to double check your windows update settings, or tell it to only notify you of updates instead of downloading/auto update. Another thing to check is Geforce Experience if you installed it and make sure auto update is off on there as well, but on the other hand they would only update you to the latest 347.09 drivers.

Try uninstalling all drivers, download DDU and let it clean out any remnants in safe mode, reboot and reinstall driver set.

I never had an problems with drivers automatically updating but those two are the only thing i can think of that would try to update.

Back