nvidia driver problems

renswic

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
6,949
i had to format yesterday, when i installed the latest drivers i could find on the nvidia side i installed them, the drivers are 91.31, and when ever i boot up i get this msg:
sliwtf.jpg

:confused:

i dont even have an SLi compatable board, is there any way to disable the popup?
 
DangerIsGo said:
Did you try the reg file thats on [H]ardOCP's front page?

didnt know there was one. im looking now thou

edit, DLed the reg file, but ive never worked with the registry all that much, how do i add a file?
 
I think its for the SLI balloon but it doesnt hurt to try! :D Just double click it to execute it. Done!
 
well, it works for non SLi as well :) no more popup for me


side note, what a bitch move by nvidia, its bad enough that i cant afford SLi but they have to include a friggn poppup telling me that?!
 
Ya I got this too, and after the restart it comes back. The reg file does work, but for the average joe I think Nvidia needs to fix this. I also noticed I can't get the nvidia icon to stay hidden in the taskbar even though I unselect it. As soon as you restart it comes back. I think Nvidia needs to fix these issues.


EDIT: The link to the reg file for other people.

LINK
 
or how about when you try to get rid of their software on the tray.. it pops up IE and takes you to a sli advertisement.... these drivers well... suck.
 
LordVampyre said:
or how about when you try to get rid of their software on the tray.. it pops up IE and takes you to a sli advertisement.... these drivers well... suck.


Agreed.
 
I like how in that NVIDIA answer section some one linked, the answer is available if the question involves you having SLi. And not answered - at least adequately -, for the same problem, if you don't.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...2xpIGRpc2FibGVkIG1lc3NhZ2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1

vs

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...aqid=1881&p_created=1151105332&p_sp=undefined

So, if you have SLi you can patch your reg. If you don't you just have to wait... Except not really ;)


Oh well, annoying but at least there's a fix.
 
Back
Top