Nvidia control panel lock-up

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
Hey NVIDIA Fans ...

Just Yesterday i reformatted my system due to an annoying pop-up error / dll file after uninstalling IE7. Went through the windows updates security patches etc .. Each KB file i DL’d and kept an eye out for the Nvidia control panel. B4 the reformat, as i opened up the control panel and click one of the settings, 3D-settings. IT Would just freeze up. As for the re-format yesterday all of the necessary KB files i DL’d went good and the NVIDIA CP was fully functional no lock ups. Until i DL’d the SP2, things changed for the control panel came to lock up again. Anyone experience the same lock up while having MS SP2. Currently have the 97.92 drivers for the XP-Pro 64 bit.

Thanks in advance

Come to think of it, I didn't know there was a Service Pack 2 for Windows XP x64. I just looked for it on Microsoft's site and didn't see it. Where did you download that from?

Come to think of it, I didn't know there was a Service Pack 2 for Windows XP x64. I just looked for it on Microsoft's site and didn't see it. Where did you download that from?

It came up for available DL when i did the windows update with all the other KB files ..

Was it Windows Service Pack 2, or IE service pack 2, or Office maybe?

A Windows service pack addresses problems with the OS.

An Internet Explorer service pack addresses problems with the browser.

A Microsoft Office service pack addresses issues with the Office suite of software.

Mark thanks for the responses there. I just access my home PC through system remote from work. Its the Windows service pack that i have. Is that the cause ? Any advice

did you install directx 9.0c before the nvidia driver. i notice in a fresh install of xp nvidia driver will not be installed correctly if directx is not installed first.

Back