Nvidia clone mode tearing on secondary display

Janzki

n00b
Using an EVGA GTX260, whenever I enable clone mode I get terrible tearing on the secondary monitor when watching a video or dragging a window. The display designated as primary works perfect. I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster display, Samsung LCD TV and a DVI-HDMI cable.

I googled for the problem for two hours, found a lot of questions about it but no solutions. Extended mode is not really an option, since I would have to give up too much resolution on the TV. [H]F, you're my last hope. :(

Do both screens have the same native resolution?

Monitor is 1680x1050 and TV 1920x1080, but it doesn't matter what resolution I choose. The tearing is always there.

Extended mode won't give up any resolution on the HDTV, since both screens will run at their native resolutions.
Clone Mode I believe runs at the lowest resolution of the 2 screens, so both would be 1680x1050.

Extended mode won't give up any resolution on the HDTV, since both screens will run at their native resolutions.
Clone Mode I believe runs at the lowest resolution of the 2 screens, so both would be 1680x1050.

+1

That may be your problem. With my setup, I get lots of horizontal tearing with this GPU if I move a playing video between screens.

Back