NVIDIA Ansel Available Now In The Witcher 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
When NVIDIA announced the GeForce GTX 1080 and GeForce GTX 1070, the world’s fastest and most advanced graphics cards, we unveiled several new technologies designed to improve and enhance your games and experiences. Of those, NVIDIA Ansel drew the most attention, offering gamers a powerful, easy-to-use camera that could capture unique, professional-grade 2D, 360° and Virtual Reality 360° screenshots on GeForce GTX graphics cards.

Today, we’re releasing NVIDIA Ansel for CDP Projekt RED's The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Capture personally-framed freecam screenshots, adjust the field of view and rotation of the screen, add optional Instagram-style filters, and save to shareable filetypes with a single click. At any point during gameplay hit the Ansel hotkey and you’ll be able to capture stunning screenshots that were previously impossible to frame and snap.

Cool, but not sure if I would use it even if I had an Nvidia card.

Seems kinda like a selfie cam for video games.

This is one of the neat tools that if I could use it I would try once and then never user it again.

What I always never wanted, the ability to take a selfie in games! And where's that Linux port already?

190s5j.jpg

It's for all those people on the nexxus that like to play dress up with fallout and witcher.

Is this like a 3d screenshot that you can go back later and take 2d screenshots of? Cause people could use that to show off how they just headshot someone in FPSs, for example. If it doesn't freeze a moment in time and the game is still going on while you move around in a free camera mode, then its probably of less utility, novelty at best, enabling cheaters among the worst.

Why waste resources on useless crap? bring on Multiprojection VR

This is because PhotoMode is a thing in consoles, and it is very popular.

Just the next iteration using way more muscle than what PhotoMode requires, which makes it somewhat "exclusive" and thus it will be used for bragging rights, par for the course.

Back