Nvidia 9400gt TO Ati 5670

perrosky

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for improve quality while watching blue ray in my livingroom htpc I have a 50' samsung plasma. Right now I have a Nvidia 9400gt 512mb video card connected to my tv throught HDMI, I was thinking in buy this 5670.

I use PowerDVD9. to play Blue-Ray

what do you guys think.

ATI cards: audio over HDMI passthrough without a cable and more supported audio formats.

That's pretty much it. For Blu ray playback ATI is suggested because of their features, NV doesn't offer anything substantial except of their onboard video chipsets (which are suggested if you're using just an IGP).

ATI cards: audio over HDMI passthrough without a cable and more supported audio formats.

That's pretty much it. For Blu ray playback ATI is suggested because of their features, NV doesn't offer anything substantial except of their onboard video chipsets (which are suggested if you're using just an IGP).

Thanks for your reply I have some questions

what is IGP?

when you say ATI is suggested because of their features are you talking about this features?

ATI Avivo HD Video & Display technology7
UVD 2 dedicated video playback accelerator
Advanced post-processing and scaling8
Dynamic contrast enhancement and color correction
Brighter whites processing (blue stretch)
Independent video gamma control
Dynamic video range control
Support for H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, and Adobe Flash9
Dual-stream 1080p playback support 10,11
DXVA 1.0 & 2.0 support
Integrated dual-link DVI output with HDCP12
Max resolution: 2560x160013
Integrated DisplayPort output
Max resolution: 2560x160013
Integrated HDMI 1.3 output with Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
Max resolution: 1920x120013
Integrated VGA output
Max resolution: 2048x153613
3D stereoscopic display/glasses support14
Integrated HD audio controller
Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required
Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats

Because after I red them I thought I would get better picture quality in while playing blue rays, and later this year I will buy a good audio receiver and want to connect it via HDMI, right now I have a Logitech Z5500.

Picture quality is nearly identical. If it mattered, you would see threads here about it.

IGP means intergrated graphics processer. If you buy a motherboard with onboard video then that's an IGP.

If you want to buy now then get an ATI card like a 5450. If you're planning on waiting then get an ATI card (cause NV isn't going to have anything out that is competitive with the 5450 in an HTPC enviroment but it's not such a big deal until you get a receiver (I picked up a Harmon Kardon receiver for super cheap and used it with the speakers from a Logitech Z5500).

Picture quality is nearly identical. If it mattered, you would see threads here about it.

IGP means intergrated graphics processer. If you buy a motherboard with onboard video then that's an IGP.

If you want to buy now then get an ATI card like a 5450. If you're planning on waiting then get an ATI card (cause NV isn't going to have anything out that is competitive with the 5450 in an HTPC enviroment but it's not such a big deal until you get a receiver (I picked up a Harmon Kardon receiver for super cheap and used it with the speakers from a Logitech Z5500).

I guess I'll have to return it I place the order early, now I wonder what do they mean by this terms
since they are what make me think I will get better picture quality.

ATI Avivo HD Video & Display technology7
UVD 2 dedicated video playback accelerator
Integrated HDMI 1.3 output with Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support
Dynamic contrast enhancement and color correction
Brighter whites processing (blue stretch)
Independent video gamma control

You already have the 9400 and no receiver so none of that matters right now.

Those are just names and marketing terms for things like video play back and post processing effects. They're not that big of a deal, they're just marketing names for the most part.

I try to cancel the order, if it goes throught I'll get the 5450 and it looks like it have the same features as teh 5670 :eek:

I try to cancel the order, if it goes throught I'll get the 5450 and it looks like it have the same features as teh 5670 :eek:

No, it doesn't. Gaming wise its a lot shorter. HTPC wise it's a decnt card but it doesn't support some levels of post processing effects but it's decent and more then enough for you.

No, it doesn't. Gaming wise its a lot shorter. HTPC wise it's a decnt card but it doesn't support some levels of post processing effects but it's decent and more then enough for you.

I don't game the only thing I have interest is in picture quality while watching tv and blue-rays, I saw the spects and it have the ones I mention above that what I ment so say.

right now I'm seen 2 cards one says Effective Memory Clock: 667x2MHz and the other one Effective Memory Clock: 1000MHz can you tell me wich one is better?
thanks

Last edited:
Back