NVIDIA 8800GTX "Will It Fit?" Case Thread

Hi!
Trying to choose a case is doing my head in!
Can anyone please tell me if the 8800gtx will fit in this case?
Chieftec Giga GX-01
or this Sunbeam Tuniq 2 with the upside down layout?
Sunbeam Tuniq 2
I may well just go for the Centurion 5 case...
Thanks for the help!:D

Just thought I'd pop in and mention that an 8800GTX fits in an Antec Sonata case, although It would suck for cooling.

But I was having issues with the card working in my main PC (TJ09 case) and decided to try it out in the Sonata PC, which I use because it's quiet, and it actually fit, as long as you don't have that extra front fan in there.

I'll take and post a picture of the tight fit once I get my new 8800GTX, had to RMA my card due to it being borked. bad EVGA, bad. tsk tsk.

My 8800GTX fits PERFECTLY into my newly released Thermaltake Soprano DX VE7000BWS (Black, Windowed and Alluminum Bezel Front). Might I add that this case is top notch and high quality.

Just have to take out the easily removed HDD tray.

Although the Antec P180b is still my favorite case it could not fit my 8800GTX.

I did a search and never saw a definate answer. Wil the 8800 GTX fit into the CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case? I have this case already and was hoping to pull the trigger onm the rest of the guts. Has anyone installed this card in there yet?

Thanks in advance!

Smitty

i have a centurion 534, with the side window and my 8800gtx fits in real nice, even can do SLI.........i love this case.....i have had some expensive cases, but this one i really like.

Hmm...apparently nobody's tried to fit a 'GTX into an Antec CS600 (which IIRC is a rebadged SX1080)...?

I was very surprised to learn it is easier to get a gtx in a sg03 (uatx case) then the p180b.

i have a centurion 534, with the side window and my 8800gtx fits in real nice, even can do SLI.........i love this case.....i have had some expensive cases, but this one i really like.

Is that the CM 534 RC you speak of? The one I was eyeballing for a buddy didnt have a window. I was wondering if 8800GTX would fit or not.

Here's the Antec P180.

antecp180-8800gtx.jpg

Factors: The image of the case may not be a 100% dead-on side shot. So things might be skewed a bit.

Conclusion: It will fit, but only if you remove that middle drive bay. This might be acceptable however since the primary hard drive bay is actually at the bottom and the middle one does not contain the floppy drive bay.

It fits with both drives in if you are using a P180B and a A8n32 SLI Deluxe board :D

IMG_0140.jpg

now THAT is clearance!

pc65bjp8.png

Here's the Lian-Li 65b, no 8800GTX for me unless I lose the hard disk cage :(

Do we have a PSD for the 8800GTS? I want to see if it would fit...

if you remove the hard drive cage and the bottom cradle, turn it so the hard drives are sitting sideways as you look at it, trim off the edges of the cage, and drill holes through the bottom of your case to match up with the threads on the bottom of your hard drive, you can just screw the drive cage in place and fit all five hard drives, with about an inch to spare. its a bit tight, but it works, I'll still end up buying a twice 7 case for the new 4x4 amd platform motherboard, if EVGA makes one.

Thats a shame as I have just done some mods to the bottom bay to show off my Raptor X.......I was hoping to slap a ULTRA in there soon.Is the ULTRA longer then the regular GTX ?

edit....

Doing some basic hand eye measuring....it looks like a ULTRA might,and for sure a GTX,based off where my PCI-E 16 slots are on my current motherboard,it seems the card would be inside the drive bay,and I'd lose out on using the first 3 bays.Worst case,I'll cut/dremel some of the bottom HD cage out.I only want use of the first bay closest to the window,as thats where the Raptor X sits currently.

I cut out the plate with the 9 holes in it ,and now the Raptor shows through nicely,with some well placed and understated leds doing some pretty cool highlighting of the heads in action.

gar818 -> I have Coolermaster Centurion RC-534+ as well (without window though) and I am planning to buy 8800GTX in the very near future. Are you sure that it does fit in our case? I am quite worried about that; have seen many words about 8800GTX compatibility with centurion 534 chasis does not exist at all, it's simply to big card..

Could you please contact me on [email protected] on this matter? I would deeply appreciate your feedback.

Though I wonder if any future high end cards would be even larger

Does anyone know if there are any HTPC/Media PC case's yet that fit one, or preferably two 8800GTX's in SLI?

I found the Cooler Master CM Media 280/281, and it's supposed to fit two G80's in SLI. However, they don't specify weather or not they mean the GTS or GTX. I found this picture of the case with a 7800GTX in it. Based on that, would an 8800GTX fit?

http://img.presence-pc.com/dossiers/cm281/final.jpg

Recently building some machines for work, I thought I'd post these here to help someone in the future who may be wondering.

8800 Ultra (same size as the GTX) in a Silverstone SG-01 (requires hdd bay removal and brackets to mount the disk in the cdrom bay):

2241142195_0a8708e35f.jpg

8800 GTX in a Coolermaster Elite 340:

2241935528_89484d0a17.jpg

Sorry to be a bother if someone has already asked (I just didnt see it), but can you see what this card will look like in a Lian Li PC-A05? I know it will most likely overlap with the 3.5" bays, but thats okay in my case... Ill mount the hdd in a 5.25" bay anyways with my zalman hdd cooler, but I wanted to see how much I have to remove from the cages...

Back