Nvidia 860i chipset boards?

Steven301

Limp Gawd
Nvidia 860i Chipset.
Anyone got some leads on when we will see some boards with this chipset? So far only seen 1 board from evga sporting 3 pcix 16x's with 2 Gb nics. :D Starting new system in a few weeks, my socket 754 ready for linux.

I think there the 680i chipsets not the 860i or did I miss something? Im going to take a bet and they are going to be officially announced and released next Wednesday with the 8800's.

http://tek-guru.co.uk/?p=36

Click on the link, for pic of board using said chipset, its only thing that i've ran across outside theinquirer.net. Your right also its 680i not 860i. I thought I missed some anouncement or somebody would know something here around the [H]ard.

IIRC there was also a pic of an Asus 680i board posted on extremesystems. The rumor mill says this is the board to have for your Intel set up.

While I am not in the market for a new video card ATM I was hoping for more NDA shattering news with respect to nvidia's 680i board. It appears that the 8800 is getting all of the attention.

Hopefully we can get this board on Wednesday. :cool:

Edit...info taken from NVNews
1yb4.jpg

2uk4.png

I'll be keeping my eyes out for the boards as I would like one in the next 4-5 weeks. Its time to move on to new system. Get some pcix cards and new sata drives new dual core processor......everything, even got me a new Lian Li G70 coming in for the new build already. Its been long time coming. Hell i've built 4 or 5 systems for freands between my last build. Socket 754 just came out when I put it together, thats how long its been. :eek:

This board is the real deal for Intel based CPUs. Notice three PCI-e 16x slots.

I cant wait to get one. My FX-57 just aint gonna cut it anymore. I'm thinking a dual core CPU may be old hat in about three months.......but I think I'm going to build around an OC'd e6700.

Also, that same pic was posted here on Thursday. Steve was right on top of it. :D

It may do however I hope it doesnt turn into another 590 fiasco, no way will I be waiting longer than a month. Manufacturers have no excuse for delaying these since the 680i was a drop-in replacement for existing 590 based boards, remember ASUS allready has the P5N32 out so the 680i implementation would of been a BIOS tweak plus the C55 chip.

I was just about to ask for a replacement board for my Asus P5B-Deluxe to do SLI.

I guess I found it :D

New specs so far on system
Case..........= Lian Li G70
PSU.......... = aspire 520W
MB............ = Evga nf680i
Cpu............ = e6600
Memory...... = Cosair cm2x1024-6400
HD..............= Western Digtal 120Gb sata ( temp until sata2)
Videocard.....= Msi 6200 ( temp untill next check, under 50 bucks)
NEC 3550 dvd burner

So far I've got enough to get the system to boot and configure bio's, will try out vista and linux before buying winxp pro. This is first system with pcix card, only need it boot the system untill next paycheck buy either 8800gtx/gts and I still need a another stick to run dual channel memory and to top it off at 2Gbs. Last will be a stop off to either plycon or pcmods for socket T cooler with as5 to replace the stock hsf which if everything goes right should be it. Coming from socket 754 and apg card this will be nice on the games I currently run now.I am leaning toward the 8800gts cause right now both screens are 1680x1050 and don't see a need for gtx (total overkill) currently playing GTA:sa, Qauke4, Graw and Oblivion.

Back